Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Eating Bones







  • Marilyn Mitchell
    my bones are boiling on the stove in a big pot. I add the stock to dried beans--more nutrition.
    i turned it down.
  • Original Oatmeal
    not your bones
    not the bones on your body
    bones make your bones healthier?
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    funny. turkey bones. yes, boiling out essence of bones is good for my bones. I learned that from a lady from China when you were a baby.
    boils out minerals.
    the bones turn soft and bendable if I boil them long enough, water turns white.
    calcium is white.
    it is a substitute for milk products.
    the broth is a substitute.
    mineral broth is much better than manufactured calcium pills.
  • Original Oatmeal
    i had black chicken a week or so ago... kathy took me somewhere and i was able to eat some of the bones
    the chicken is like boiled and everything turns like black
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    that's interesting.
  • Original Oatmeal
    and the bones become a little soft
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    sounds similar to what I do, good.
  • Original Oatmeal
    parts of the bones were maybe too hard for me to chew
    did your chicken turn black?
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    maybe she will think I am smart for boiling bones, then. It would turn black under some cirucumstances, but I cannot do that to Larry's food, so I won't try it. that is why I take the cooked meat out first and then continue to boil the bones in the chicken or turkey broth. but I cooked the turkey an extra couple of hrs on low to make it fall off of the bones easily. I didn't have to use a knife.
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    I don't know specific oriental poultry cooking methods.
  • Original Oatmeal
    i told Kathy you use to boil bones and she did not care and many times she tells me to stop telling her about USA that she only cares about her country
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    that is fair I guess.
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    I would say "pick a topic, then"
  • Original Oatmeal
    what does that mean?
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    it means, ok Kathy, what do you want to talk about?
  • Original Oatmeal
    i try that
    many times she says she hates talking in english
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    at least then she will have to try harder to complain.
  • Original Oatmeal
    i actually do not talk to her to avoid all possible fights
    i only talk to her when she talks to me
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    that would be the only way. I went thru that for a while, waiting.
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    lots of pain, but now I have gain.
  • Original Oatmeal
    it is silly for kathy to say she does not want to talk in english and she continues talking in english to me
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    I'm sorry if certain sounds or songs actually upset Kathy a lot.
    she has to talk English to you, though
  • Original Oatmeal
    it is like when people say that they are not going to talk about something and then they do
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    she tells me she just wants you to understand your students. she should be the one who is patiently teaching you Vietnamese.
  • Original Oatmeal
    Vietnamese children are just like American children.
    They do the same exact things.
    I can almost understand everything they say because they say the same things except in different languages.
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    but it still was better when someone could understand you--you had your own language for a while.
  • Original Oatmeal
    Kathy does not realize that I have 28 years of experience with children.
    it can help and i will earn
    learn
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    that is because she refuses to listen.
  • Original Oatmeal
    but i dont wanna be forced to learn
    in my classes, it does not matter what the 2 - 6 year old kids say
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    don't worry about why, God wants it so you do it. It is always a privilege to learn something useful.
    as long as you can keep order in the classroom.
  • Original Oatmeal
    i see a kid steal another kids chair.... i know what the kids are saying to me... "Teacher, this kid took my chair" .... i do not need to know Vietnamese to know this
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    when you see it you are ok, but what if sometime you don't see who did it?
  • Original Oatmeal
    i can teach 3 english words for 30 minutes to 30 2 - 6 year olds using flash cards
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    my goodness.
    and they are learning. do you review past words also?
  • Original Oatmeal
    yes
    we review
    we play games
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    The Odd Couple is on now.
  • Original Oatmeal
    i can change my voice to make them laugh
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    games and stuff, who determines this. make them laugh and you have a job forever.
  • Original Oatmeal
    i can say "What is it?" and i can teach them to say "It is a door" and board and clock
    i m
  • Original Oatmeal
    i do not need to know vietnamese at all
    i may need to know vietnamese if my students were teenagers maybe
    i will teach english to 2 teenagers friday and saturday nights at new star because they will go to USA this summer i think
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    it is good to know, anyway. be flexible, you could have a good future. you just started. be kind to your students. remember how hard I tried to understand you.
  • Original Oatmeal
    agreed
    they have trouble with their Ps
    the letter P
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    I hope you can help those teenagers well.
  • Original Oatmeal
    and they confused between DDDDD - door and BBBBBB board
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    you did too, you can relate
  • Original Oatmeal
    the Bbbbbb and Ddddd sounds
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    each language has its difficult sounds.
  • Original Oatmeal
    i have to say both of them slowly
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    you struggled with that too
  • Original Oatmeal
    they do not have the P sound in the vietnamese language
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    I figured that
  • Original Oatmeal
    they have the P letter but the P letter makes a Bbbbbuhhhhhh sound
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    you had to watch me talk to see what I was doing.
  • Original Oatmeal
    they do not have the letter Z but their 1st D makes like a ZZZZZ sound
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    and what do they use for the "B" sound?
  • Original Oatmeal
    i remember how you taught me english and i teach them the same way
    the B makes a lighter Bah sound
    P is BBBBBBBuHHHH
    B is bah
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    good, I'm glad I could help. You learned how to say the word and then how to write it.
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    probably makes more sense that way than what we do in English, "P" sound is not necessary.
  • Original Oatmeal
    maybe
    they have two letter Ds
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    i guess you started out slowly for a reason, so I would have to be creative to teach you.
  • Original Oatmeal
    the 1st makes a yuh or zzz and the 2nd D makes the D sound
    yes
    no J in vietnamese so some may say my name like Zoey
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    two d's. one "Y" sound is same as "z" sound. so there is no separate "y"??
  • Original Oatmeal
    3 As and 3 Os i think
    the letter Y in Vietnamese makes a E sound
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    English is just as confusing if you chart it that way.
  • Original Oatmeal
    2 Es i think... the first E makes like ehhhhh and 2nd E is like A
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    some of our Y's make E sound and some don't. probably more confusing that way!
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    E sound similar to Spanish
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    I listen to Spanish people speaking English, and figure it out.
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    I am taking notes.
  • Original Oatmeal
    good
    they pick up the phone and say hello
    or alo
    and then talk vietnamese
    hello is Sit- Chow
    or Sin Chow
    that it how it sounds
    thank you is Cam Un
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    i will try to understand it. i here other people say "alo" because phone is American invention. Spanish do that--they answer the phone with "bueno"
  • Original Oatmeal
    yeah
    "Alo" is in the vietnamese dictionary
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    I will try to surprise Diane.
  • Original Oatmeal
    even when it is an english word
    you are welcome is "Comb Ga Cheee"
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    sin chow is a greeting maybe like Como stas
    ok
    I will say "sin chow Diane"
  • Original Oatmeal


    alô

    hello


    chào anh

    hello


    chào chị

    hello


    ô nài

    hello


    xin chào

    hello
    X makes the S sound
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    that is specific spelling. I like to spell phonetically first to learn it. good to know how to read it.
    now we know why Orientals pronounce our words a little strangely.
    why so many hello's. and the Red Green show is on now. I am in the bedroom. Ricky really liked that show.
  • Original Oatmeal
    i remember that show
    i copied from google translate
    those hellos
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    ok. maybe Kathy will let you ask her about it some time
    facebook translate sure doesn't work. I gave up trying to figure out what the people are saying.
    its almost 1 pm there, right?
  • Original Oatmeal
    Kathy says she does not know how to teach Vietnamese
    almost 1pm.. i am leaving soon
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    she knows how to answer specific questions if she really tried.
  • Original Oatmeal
    use google translate
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    yes, you are leaving soon. maybe I will investigate. maybe Diane knows. I'm not sure how much time she spent in HCM City.
    don't let me keep you from leaving if you need to. Larry wants me to rub his feet, anyway.
    i will do the translate when i figure out how, soon.
  • March 29
  • March 29
  • Original Oatmeal
    do you know which farms or places do not modify their food?
  • March 30
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    I tried to answer you earlier but computer was not working. corn in the worst gmo. but there are at least 100 food additives containing gmo corn. animal feed is often gmo so that means milk and cheese and beef and chicken potentially. in usa it is 90%. soy and tofu could easily be gmo. I buy by brands. all big commericial farms use gmo. i am going to a morning music thing now. I will look for more info later. whole food brands is a good one for where i live.
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    there is a list of non-gmo certified brands for different types of products.
  • Original Oatmeal
    i have had some like soy milk in vietnam
    Vietnam has some cow milk too i think that is called VinaMilk
    i do not like the VinaMilk but i like the Soya Milk (Soy milk)
    I think the Soya milk is soy milk
  • March 30
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    yes it is soy milk.
    we performed for a whole hour. after the last song i sat down behind my mike. the audience was small. we were mostly background noise at the children's event.
    i sat down because my muscles didn't want me to walk for a while. it only lasted 1/2 hr before i could stand up, though.
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    my stupid computer didn't show me this message I had to click on messages which said I didn't have any. I just finished my nap. I feel better now.
    I told Larry I feel like a 'real' person now that i have successfully participated in one of his activities outside of church.
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    Instructions
    1 Find out if the processed food is organic. Organic products are not permitted to contain GMOs. The more organic food you incorporate into your diet, the less likelihood you will have of ingesting GMOs.
    2 Check the packaging for a label that identifies the processed food as non-GMO, such as the "Non-GMO Project" seal. Many companies have taken part in such projects and label their processed food products to let you know they do not contain GMO ingredients.
    3 Contact the company that produced the processed food. Ask where the ingredients came from and whether or not any of them could have contained GMOs. The company might refer you to a supplier because it might be unaware of the growing practices of its suppliers.
    4 Unless the products display a non-GMO label, avoid products that contain cottonseed, canola, soybeans or corn, as these are the ingredients that are most commonly genetically modified.
    Read more: How to Identify Processed Food With GMOs | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_7827094_identify-processed-food-gmos.html#ixzz2P5ktogeM
  • March 31
  • Original Oatmeal
    Are there GMO in Vietnam?
  • March 31
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    watch for made in USA. otherwise, I am not sure. it is fairly worldwide from multinational countries, but it depends on whether GMO labeling is mandantory or not. in USA Monsanto has caused a law to be passed that their products will NOT have to be labeled.
    corn and anything that eats corn is the most dangerous.

  • April 8
  • Original Oatmeal
    i do not need money
    but the more the better
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    he didn't want to send you money for a while. I plan to go to church with Larry within the next 1/2 hr (but I am ready to go, at least)
    you need to try to support yourself, anyway
    I watched about the Illuminati today. we are being controlled by the Media much more than I thought. most people are being programmed to react in certain ways to certain stimuli, so the Conservative Politics cannot affect them correctly, because they cannot perceive it as truth!!
  • Original Oatmeal
    yes
    we are brainwashed
    i know
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    i was copying Larry's songs for tomorrow's practice. and just remember when someone doesn't understand the truth, what may have happened to them, right?
  • Original Oatmeal
    many things happen to people
  • April 8
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    if they don't listen to you, they have already believed the devil. that is what I meant.
  • April 9
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    should have tried to get your stuff in Bacninh a while ago, when I told you to.
  • April 9
  • Original Oatmeal
    i could not
    there was no way to get it
    and i was told my stuff was safe
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    i realize that. but you DID leave it for quite a long time.
  • Original Oatmeal
    they said they would take care of it
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    I KNOW. it is hard to trust people of another religion, especially. the head guy meant to help you, most likely.
    You are experiencing a death of your past at the moment. I am so glad I didnot mail you anything else that could have become lost.
    some of it you had uploaded into the internet, though, Right?
    those were home movies of all my children; I feel the loss. I should have been able to transfer them to DVD
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    WRITE THE NOTICE IN VIETNAMESE SO ALL THOSE IN YOUR FORMER NEIGHBORHOOD IN BAC NIHN CAN READ IT. SIMPLIFY IT FIRST TO MAKE IT UNDERSTANDABLE TO EVERYONE.
    maybe someone will know what happened to your large suitcase.
  • April 12
  • April 12
  • Original Oatmeal
    they have my bag
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    your large bag has actually been found?
  • Original Oatmeal
    it is still where i left it the say
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    I prayed a lot, this is good news.
    I have posted more info on meaomnia--normal facebook posts, still.
  • April 12
  • Original Oatmeal
    they dont know how to mail it to me
  • April 13
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    it is too heavy to mail. maybe you can find some time to go up there--only safe way to get it is to do it yourself, anyway.
  • Original Oatmeal
    i can go friday
    andy is being mean
    vietnamese people really are dishonest
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    good. who is Andy?
  • Original Oatmeal
    and they lie about lying
    Andy is the owner of Papa Foods
    Andy Nguyen
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    Buddhist people are probably dishonest.
  • Original Oatmeal
    and they seem to be unaware of it
    or they refuse to admit it
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    only Christians value the truth above all else. everyone else values survival and power. lying can be power. I believe they are taught that.
  • Original Oatmeal
    yea
    so sad
    do they understand the concept of lying?
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    in their mind anything that accomplishes their goal is good.
    if they admitted their sin they would have to deal with it and turn to the LORD
    they can ignore guilt by deceiving themselves.
  • Original Oatmeal
    so lying to them means making themselves feel bad or something?
    so if it makes them feel better or if it somehow helps them then they try to think that they are not lying because it is somehow helping themselves?
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    deceit seems to be a way of life. it is survival. sometimes I have to not tell the truth to a person who is trying to hurt me.
    liberals lie quite often to get their way in USA. it is "the end justifies the means"
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    RIGHT NOW OBAMA HAS BEEN LYING ABOUT HIS BUDGET SO THAT PEOPLE WILL BE MAD AT THE CONGRESS.
  • Original Oatmeal
    tell me about the obama lie?
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    isn't it time for you to be sleeping now??
  • Original Oatmeal
    i do not work tomorrow
    12am right now
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    I can get the link for you.
  • Original Oatmeal
    i go to a cafe that plays christian music and a vietnamese girl that works there just asked me if i was christian.... i met her and said a few things to her... i did not say anything about God to her but she asked me and she told me about an "Agape Church" 5:30 - 7pm each Sunday night
  • Original Oatmeal
    the owner of the cafe is a christian man like 40 years old and he has been to america for a few years i think and he is vietnamese too
    Fresco Coffee
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    Agape Church. I was just telling Larry that I was going to tell you to go to church, I was waiting for computer to settle down. will try to get the link again.
    http://blog.heritage.org/2013/04/12/obama-budget-obamas-fake-budget-marketing-exposed Obama goes from city to city "community Organizing" which means building support for propaganda.
    keep praying. contact with Christians is essential.
  • Original Oatmeal
    did bush ever do that?
    did clinton go to community organizations?
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    they didn't do it to this extreme, that is for sure. Obama's major job was Community Organizer, he got paid for that.
  • April 23
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    I am getting messages fromPhuc that you are harrassing him. you must leave him alone right now. this is very serious.
  • Original Oatmeal
    I am not harrassing him.
    Peter is crazy like Kathy.
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    just don't talk to him at all. it is not worth it.
    a 20 yr old is doing our yard now. I might be going outside soon.
    YOU MUST BE KIND BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT JESUS WOULD HAVE DONE
  • Original Oatmeal
    I have been writing on an online forum website, and Peter thinks I am always fighting and talking about him but I am not talking about him. He takes things too personally when I speak more theoretical and general.
    I am kind.
    I am very kind.
    I do not talk to him.
    I talk to people on online forums and he comes out of nowhere and jumps into the conversations for no reason.
    he blocked me on facebook for no reason
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    thank you for telling me. I can confront him with that.
  • Original Oatmeal
    he is full of lies
    Vietnamese all lie
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    he can block whoever he wants but he can't interfere with you conversations with others.
  • Original Oatmeal
    he calls himself a christian too
    he does interfere between me and others
    but he will deny that
    he will tell you these things are not true
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    Diane told me that Asians have a different definition for truth, it is normal for them; they have to learn a different way.
    ok, you have warned me.
  • Original Oatmeal
    i tell them they are wrong
  • Original Oatmeal
    i tell them everyday
    i will
    i will not stop
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    'don't tell them anything sometimes, just walk away from the fight if you can.
  • Original Oatmeal
    i tell people what i think they must hear
    it is not a fight
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    I can't tell Larry he is wrong, but I pray that LORD will get thru to him.
  • Original Oatmeal
    i do not care if they think it is a fight, because it is not a fight
    you can tell Larry
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    they consider it to be a fight, disagreements can stop when one stops responding, at least usually
  • Original Oatmeal
    Peter took me to a Christian church on February 17th
    Peter translated the sermon
    into vietnamese
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    Larry is my authority and I should trust God to take care of him. I confronted him 2 days ago on one matter that he had to change, and he said he was sorry.
    Which church??
  • Original Oatmeal
    it was a philipino pastor
    Asians are crazy to think they can avoid disagreements
    some kind of bible church in Saigon
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    Philipines is where Diane is right now
  • Original Oatmeal
    Asians are like Pocahontas
    k
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    IT USUALLY TAKES TWO TO HAVE A DISAGREEMENT, often I chose to be silent.
  • Original Oatmeal
    no
    it does not take 2
    i have disagreements inside of me everyday of my life
    they say it takes 2 so that they do not have to take personal responsibilities for their depravity
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    I have to pretend to be nice to liberals. Ok, do you have a split personality. actually I do argue with myself, but I just want to be good. YOU CANNOT CHANGE THEIR MINDS, ONLY GOD CAN DO THAT.
  • Original Oatmeal
    Peter may end up calling you a crazy person too
    i do not have split personality
    i am kind exagerating
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    ok thanks for the warning. I think I can be diplomatic, we will see.
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    exaggeration can be a good tool at times
  • Original Oatmeal
    i asked peter for help and peter said he would find me a room back in february and find me a bike too and he never did
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    I dug in the dirt and got hot and tired in a few minutes and came back in the house. must go out there again soon. nice to have the sunshine finally--recently it was still 45 degrees!
    maybe Peter couldn't
  • Original Oatmeal
    Peter says he did not help because how much i want to pay for a room is too cheap
    u have garden still?
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    its a different country with different expectations. what would you pay for a room, and you have to deal with reality. Yes I have a garden, the plants are still quite small.
    I didn't garden last summer.
  • Original Oatmeal
    i disagree
    same country
    same expectations
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    corn, onions, sweet peas, spinach, beets, one mint plant.
  • Original Oatmeal
    same culture
    nice
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    not entirely the same, even Larry is different than me.
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    green beans, peppers, lettuce also
    Larry is an individual with individual memories for 63 yrs when I wasn't there.
  • Original Oatmeal
    the difference is not a national difference controlled by federal culture, but more rather an individual choice that each person has the freedom to reject or accept
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    I will spend much time watering and tilling.
    our choices are based on our experiences, that is true for everyone, even me.
  • Original Oatmeal
    but they do not control us
    saying that culture made me do it is the same as saying Satan made me do it or my wife made me do it or my dog ate my homework or everybody is jumping off the cliff and so will I
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    not entirely control, but our perceptions can only be based on what we know, theoretical knowledge is hard to apply.
    culture causes your sense of right and wrong. if everyone does it when you are young and you never get in trouble for it; then that behavior becomes normal.
    I have studied this for many years in many cultures etc.
    I read a lot so I can be an authority on this matter.


















  • No comments:

    Post a Comment