Thursday, May 30, 2013

What Do You Think?




At This End

Following my nine months of service in Hawaii (in Revolution Hawaii), and following my summer as a Wilderness Counselor, in Boring, Oregon, at Camp Kuratli: following all that came the WYI (Western Youth Institute), brought to you by The Salvation Army, which is a week-long Bible retreat for their young adults all across this western coast of the United States (within their 'western territory'). For the last seven months, I was planning to relocate to Long Beach, California, because I was given that opportunity, but I slowly--over time--I disqualified myself from that. This past week, at WYI, was emotional because my heart was breaking from all of these mistakes. And then my mother came over a day too soon. Last Thursday night, August 14, 2008, Bill (my mother's boyfriend) arrived to WYI inside a van, where I was, at the Camp Arnold campus, and we booked it over to Seaside for our family reunion/funeral for my favorite uncle.

I should of said goodbye!

I did not say bye because we left a day early (Thursday night), because I was upset, because I hate saying goodbye, because I was confused, because it all happened so quickly, because I thought nobody really cared too much, because of too many reasons, I say, for these are my excuses and not reasons for not saying goodbye, but I should of said goodbye to everybody, including Rob Noland, who is the director to Revolution Hawaii, and who is a loyal friend to me.


At The End!
This is me at the end!

This is the end of burning bridges, of merely receiving from others. I need to give back. I mean, I feel that I am at the end of things. I mean, I feel like I burnt down to many bridges, I dig too many holes, ruined to many friendships or relationships with others. I mean, I feel that have ruined my life in many aspects. I feel that people cannot take me serious, see me reliable, balance, consistent, or strong. I am tired of letting people down. I am seeking a new beginning. I reached the end of anything that you do not like about me. Ok, so I might not fix myself overnight. But you can help me. You can let me know how I can improve. I am being serious at this point. If you are reading this then know that I am asking for your input.

What do I do best?
What do I do least?
How can I do better?
How can I improve?
What do you like?
How can you help me help myself?
Please let me know what you think.

You do not have to know me to input your concern. I need your help. I mean, I am just a little sad. Oh wait, I am actually quite concern. I feel like I am in a big hole right now. I am there for so many reasons. I should stop crying about how I got into this hole. I want to cry about how I fell into this hole. But I need to get out and back. And this is what I am saying. I am on the quest of Independence, of revolution, of interdependence.

I cannot stay at Mom's
I cannot live at either of my siblings.
I still have more options. I am still looking.
But I do not plan to fail at this pursuit for destiny.

This story is not over yet!




Hello, and my name is Joseph Scott Arnold!
Cell: 503-367-4695
l4oj@yahoo.com
I love life, bottom line. Basketball.
Art. Writing. Making movies. Girls. Whatever.
You name it, I like it.
Adventure. Urban legends. What is there not to like about life.

But there is one thing I like more than anything else.

And that is,
helping others live with joy.
What is better than that?
I want people to find that love, that life, that they can hold onto, forever. You want that?

You desire living out what you love, just like me:

and who wants to lose it? I was going to lose it. Almost not born at a young age. Partly deaf, age one. Three years behind, educationally, age eight. This tall college student thought I was Jerry at basketball camp, age ten. But I was homeschooled. When I entered public high school, age fifteen, I would often wonder how to respond to 'wassup,' because who does not know that the ceiling is up, and when that cute girl would say hi to me I knew that she said the hi-ing for us. Red pumpkin face was I, when speaking in front of others. As a ghetto-raised basketball player, I was known as Cool Kid and people thought that I was stoned all the time. Life at home was tough. Imagine nightly screams. Or even in the morning. Ever heard of trafficking? Slavery? Abuse? My alcoholic dad was never there to teach me basketball or anything. But somehow, me and my three siblings are not going to let any of that stop us. We all fall in life. I fall. You fall. People fall. I can't get back up, by myself. You can't nobody can.

But when it happens, how does it happen? 

You were down. But you've got up before. So have I. And now I am in Hawaii, helping others get up... 

read about my adventures at my Blog Spot:

http://l4r.blogspot.com



But do write to me because...

Personally, I do need $4k for this school year, for being in Hawaii. Tell somebody about this. See what they think. If anybody is interesting in donating $20 to me, making it payable to The Salvation Army, then I would love to hear about that. As a team, me and six others, are planning to do more mission work in Micronesia in the summer of 2008. Then in the fall of 2008, I would like to study writing in Australia. What do you think?


Write to me, and tell me.

503-367-4695
Joey Arnold
2950 Manoa Rd
Honolulu, HI 96822 


You may never know what is going to happen next.

I ended up spending two years at a New York college, that I never thought I would be at.
Then I was in West Virginia.
Then, early spring of 2007, my dad left my mom. I came home. I paid her bills. $2k apx. I looked for jobs for her.

I donated all my earnings to her.

I did whatever I could to help.
I planned to stay there, for the whole school year of 2007-2008. That was the plan.

But somehow, I ended up in Hawaii, to help others.

Read my adventures at my Blog Spot.


Dear Oprah Winfrey,
investigate my mother's life story.

You'll find unique tragedy. Incredible courage. Daring odds against death. But the story continues.

Her treasures remains in the deteriating twenty-something old trailer.

Take a look at that at my prayer blog, below. Thanks.


http://l4ojsa.blogspot.com/


What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment