Friday, July 12, 2013

About Me From My Mother To Kathy.

Duong Phuong Thao


  • Conversation started 2013 May 22
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    he doesn't want to have people telling him what he has to do. He likes walking at the moment.
    I'll ask him about Tram. I keep telling him that your culture is different. He says that a the definition of a gift is that it is "voluntary". He views the mandandory gift system as "bullying". he doesn't give in to a bully. he doesn't accept manipulation. We don't use so much peer pressure in the USA and it is hard for him to experience.
    I have told him to be as nice to you as he possibly can. He says he is trying. He says you criticize too much.
    His description of his job sounds good. I believe he is well-qualified for this type of job. We discussed how his childhood and his schooling has prepared him. He took care of children every summer for 5 years and had to find ways of motivating them. American children can be quite hard to handle.
    my children were considered to be some of the best ones in the neighborhood because I required them to obey. when they were young the mothers would even ask me to send one of my kids to their house.
    I didn't send Joey to public school until he was 15 years old. He has a good sense of who he is and how to think positively about himself. He didn't have to listen to adults trying to make him feel bad about what he couldn't do. That has freed him to be more creative and not worry about other people's opinions. That IS freedom and liberty. He can accept people's differences and have compassion for them and not make them all behave exactly the same in all situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment