Saturday, June 8, 2013

Restructuring Vietnam

The roads in Vietnam are mazes. Many of the smaller roads and streets are loops and dead-ends. Today, as I peddled my bicycle down CMT8 in district 3 towards district Tan Phu. I tried turning to go towards Go Vap and Tan Binh and Phu Nhuan, but the smaller roads looped me back to CMT8. Such structures lead to traffic jams when people are forced onto certain roads. People should be allowed to take any path towards their destinations. Ambulances are clogged in the roads. Pedestrians have to dodge traffic. I was waiting in a line for coffee and everybody was moving pass me. I was invisible to them. I had to pay money for the public toilet at a place in Da Lat, Vietnam. I paid 3,000 VND but Vietnamese people do not make a bunch of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment