Saturday, June 29, 2013

Can We Try?



  1. You have people, I do not? That is what he asked me. He was using Google Translate to translate his Vietnamese into English. He misspelled the word for "People." For people, he used the word "Tiger" or some kind of animal. But that word was suppose to be the word "Angry."

    He asked me, "You have people, I do not?" The better translation could have been, "You have tigers, I do not?" The actual question was, "You have angry, I do not?" Through, now the sentence structure there is still too close to Yoda talk. So you could turn that question into, "You have angry, I do not know?" He does not know if I am angry or not. He wanted to know if I was mad at them. A white female teacher was sitting next to us. She said it was wrong. She said it was wrong English, as in bad English. I disagree. I told her "Angry people tiger I have with you" with her since that is what I am always doing in life. I am always having cows and tigers and babies and anger and heart attacks with people and I am always disagreeing with people and thinking a lot to make the world a better place. If I did not think then I would not have anything to write. Then what would you be doing right now? Oh yeah,you can read the news about Star Wars which is coming in 2015.

    In English, you can say "Don't have a cow." You can also say "Don't have a baby." So why not say "Don't have a tiger" as well? This makes sense to me. Don't have a baby means do not get angry. Do not have a cow. Baby cows grow up to be people cows. Baby cows grow up to be fatter milkier bigger cows like the fat people you see on Wall-E. Baby tigers grow up to people tigers. As in grown up tigers. So if having a baby means being angry then having a person means being very angry because a person is bigger than a baby. If having a baby means having a cow or tiger, then having babies or people means being really upset. This all makes sense to me.

    I told her I am less concern with the poor grammatical structures to questions and things in life and more concerned with the thoughts and ideas behind questions and statements. She said that his original question has nothing to do with what he was really trying to ask me. I disagree.

    The originally question made me think about gangsters who get angry. He was actually trying to ask if I was angry. So, the subject of the sentence, of the question, was the word angry. I knew that and she did not. People I have, you do not? Yes, I have tiger people monsters in my head. So, the subject of the question went from being about the anger of people, plural, to a person, singular. That person being me, singular as oppose to people, plural. And I am single and singular still for all you ladies out there.

    I knew that. You do not have to write the word angry. Sure, it may have been grammatically incorrect but I don't really care. I think having English Teachers as parents would be a nightmare. You may say something like, "Ma, you the worstester parent aye gee in world and I aint going to be your sister daughter whatever anymore. Can I borrow the car again?"

    English Teacher Mother will tell the teen daughter to repeat until she gets it right, grammatically. 

    In life, we get stuck in grammar and in tradition. We begin saying things like "Aint is not a word" or "It's never been done that way before. We can't try this or that or go here or say this, etc." Tradition and grammar is fine but the slavery to it is not. Angry people tiger I have, you do not? People you have, I do not? Tiger you have, I do not? Angry you have, I do not? Yes. I do. Yes to all three questions. All three means the same. That is what I told the girl. I said both questions are exactly the same except for the one word. The word "People" was suppose to be the word "Angry" or "People like tiger like anger." That is the art of personification or animification. Turning feelings into people or animals makes sense to me and vice versus. She says that one word totally changes the sentence and question. I disagree. 

    If the question was "People you have, I do not?" Then you have to ask what people means. For me, I ask questions when I see questions. The girl broke like a computer. Does not compute. I do not do that. I will not laugh at you if you are not an expert at communication because I was there and I can relate. I spend most of my life not being understood. In fact, I am still not totally understood in life by most people. So, I can relate to people who make a few mistakes here and there. I am also custom built for working with children who make these mistakes all of the time. Do not make fun of a four year old who may not say everything perfectly.

    So what would people mean? People either means something good or something bad. Gangs are often seen as a bad thing. Friends are assumed to be more a good thing. But either way, it would leave you jealous. So, why would he be jealous? But in the context, I know this is the first time be brought this up. So he is asking if I have people, whether they be good or bad. People as in my friends or my gang. Either way, he may be jealous of my friends or gang.

    So why is he asking me about people that I have that he does not have? That is what I started asking myself. I use my brain to solve problems. The girl did not give him a second. She did not want to problem-solve for a solution. That is the problem with this world. We do not want to think. We are too closed-minded.

    Why is this the first time he ever asked me if I have people? What is the special occasion? You bring out your best wine when Jesus is around. You bring out the best china when the Tom Cruise and the Last Samurai is around. You wear your best on Sunday for Budha. So why would I bust out my people? Why do I have people and he does not?

    Well, listen to this. When people get angry they get their people to talk to your people. When a girl breaks up with a boy then he may talk to his friends who will talk to her friends who will talk to her, but we are never ever ever ever ever getting back together with Taylor Swift.

    That is what people do when they get angry. So what he said still carried the same idea in my head. So why would I need people? Because we were playing hacky sack with a badminton like featherball which turned into Keep Away from Joey which turned into tag and hunt and destroy where I was chasing them in the dark down the business streets and sidewalks throwing the feather ball at them and then I chase one guy down a dark alley and then I lost him back around a fork in the road but it turned out that he just climbed up a tree and it was so dark and I did not see this.

    So after that, at dinner, he used his phone to write to me. Do I have people that he does not? Of course. I got gangs and friends and monsters, both figuratively and literally. I am not going to ask you to like this to prove my support of my gang here. So maybe I do not actually have people. It does not mean that I was angry but I understand that people get angry. So the angry and people are the same in my book. Both questions is about something I have that he does not have. Feeling jealous?

    Tiger I have, he does not? That is closer to the word anger because it is the eye of the tiger and it is the feet of the night. I do associate anger with tigers because tigers are like players.

    People have called me tigers or cougars. Tigers hunt down their prey like I hunt down and tackle up women, for all you ladies out there. Grrrr. In a good way, anger means determination. I am always determined to get things done in life. 

    So the next time somebody asks you a question that you do not understand or the next time somebody says something like "I see dead people" or "Mother, why is that zombie sucking on your neck? He looks like a pretty ugly version of vampire Edwards of Twilight. Geee ma,is this your new boy friend? You will surely be dead when dad gets back tomorrow if this whole zombie bite doesn't get to you, first, which will lead to me stabbing you in the face..... which I've always wanted to do" ....

    ....just try to take the time understand them like I do.
    23Like ·  · 

  2. Joey Arnold
    January 16 via mobile
    Is Vietnam the 51st state of the United States? I feel like at home. The USA and Vietnam feels the same to me because both places have brown colored people that live all around me. I cannot understand them when they talk. They work for minimum wage. They take care of their families more than the white cowboys do. They are more traditional than the plain Caucasians.

    In America, I grew up in a trailer park that they called the ghetto. When I was five years old, there were 90% whites in our hood and year after year the brown-skin Mexicans came and started taking over our neighborhood. When I rode in the school bus to high school, and during lunch, I often had no idea what the pretty chicas (girls) were chatting about. Luckily they were bilingual. So that is why I feel at home. I am use to being around aliens. The word "Alien" use to refer to just people from other countries until the idea of life on other planets started launching into space for the past century and into our Star Wars hearts (coming in 2015).

    I really thought I was an alien around the age of four since my sibling and friends would make fun of how bad I was at talking. I started talking almost as good as my seven year old sister when I was around the age of twelve. I was homeschooled and still shy around the age of sixteen years old.

    Not knowing the language does not give me culture shock. I do not even get jet lagged. My siblings must be right.

    I am an alien because I will simply give girls flowers. I will not buy girls fancy things she does not need. I will not even buy Christmas or birthday presents for friends or family. This means that I will likely stay single because a girl would have to be crazy to like me. I question everything and I do not worship tradition like Vietnamese seem to worship Budha. The Budha alter just so happens to be next to the Christmas tree. They must be siblings with each other. 

    I have a mission in life and I cannot compromise my dreams in life whenever I start getting horny or whatever that those feelings might be at times. Yes, I have wanted to be married for the last twenty years since I was around eight years old which is also the time when I started dreaming about being a world travelling missionary who also sang like Michael Jackson and lived in a mountain. Back then I believed strongly that when I grow up that I will donate all of my money to missionaries.

    The world is not as different as people say it is. First of all, Christ made it all and He died on the cross for you. Budha cannot save you but Christ can. People are too stuck in the details of things. Of course Vietnam and the United States are not identical twins but people are still people no matter where they live and how they look and how they dress and how they talk and how they act and everything. We all need to ask Christ to give us new hearts because our hearts are clogged with monsters in our heads as I have talked about before.

    I know different countries are different but there is a problem with that mindset. The problem is that when we get in the habit of calling this thing different than the other thing then we miss out on important principles that are hiding between those cracks. We are missing out on things because we are stuck in the traditions of certain world views that have cursed every country and every island in this world.
    510Like ·  · 

  3. Joey Arnold
    January 14 via mobile
    Do not let others tell you what to do, what to say, where to go, who to be, how to act, who to help, how to think, how to feel, how to be. Because each individual situation is a unique one that is not limited and restricted and persecuted by predetermined weather forecast and flight paths. Your friends are not always totally and absolutely fortunate tellers. Life is like a box of chocolate because...See More
    74Like ·  · 
    • Jennifer Pableo ahahah can't say any other comments aside from this...by the way, how was your job hunting?
    • Opa Tom Helus Man, You should be in America, going to school, acting like a student, helping yourself. You should feel like this is a great idea, and you should be on your way back. Then you should thank me, then you should take me to dinner for helping. You should buy me a T-bone.
    • Joey Arnold Jen, I am still looking. Tom, I still will try school. I want a doctorate degree. I want books of degrees. I am a life-long learner. I want to be in school forever.

      I barely passed high school and then graduated from a two year Word of Life Bible Institute in New York. I did three other colleges after that but did not finish and was running out of financial aid and started getting bad grades and then got into academic probation. I am horrible at memorizing things. People have to memorize certain things to pass tests in order to do good in school in order to get degrees so that the employers can let them do things they already know how to do in some cases.
    • Marilyn Mitchell you can access facebook via mobile?!?

  4. Joey Arnold
    January 12 via mobile
    Church is a party, a social event. Don't go to get saved but because you already are. The word "Church" simply means people. What kind of people? The kind that you want to be. Church people are your childhood heroes and role-models.

    Over four billion humans on this planet are in fact religious. The word "Religion" simply means your lifestyle as people. We are all religious. Religion is the way yo...
    See More
    42Like ·  · 

  5. Joey Arnold
    January 10 via mobile
    Rice is the Asian Version of Oatmeal.
    66Like ·  · 

  6. Joey Arnold
    January 9 via mobile
    Come up with your own quotes.
    1123Like ·  · 

  7. Joey Arnold
    January 6 via mobile
    I want a cell phone that will work for me in every single country for free. I want just one cell phone. I want to take this phone to every country I go to in the world. I want cell phone coverage and service and bars in every country I go to in the world. I want to be able to call every cell phone and land line and computer and robot in the world for free and without hidden charges.

    I want to tak...
    See More
    710Like ·  · 
    • Kay Le, Bống Dolly and 3 others like this.
    • Sean Langille Look into discounted international plans. Most companies have them. When I was in Israel I used T-Mobile that way. Or, use the Vonage app on each new smart phone you get in each country. Skype also saves a lot of money too
    • Joey Arnold T-Mobile? What about AT&T or Verizon?
    • Marilyn Mitchell A T & T didn't know why your phone wasn't working, but if I had your zip code they could determine if there was service in your area.
    • Joey Arnold exit code +84 + 241 + the number
    • Joey Arnold Follow the instructions below to make international phone calls to Bac Ninh in Vietnam:




      To call anyone in Bac Ninh, Vietnam, first you must dial your country’s local "Exit Code" or "International Direct Dial Code" (IDD).



      - Exit code for the US, Canada and Caribbean countries is 011; - Exit code for the UK and other european countries is 00; - Exit code for Australia is 0011; - Exit code for Tanzania and Uganda is 000; and - Exit code for Russia and former Soviet republics in Asia is 8 Pause 10*




      Dial the IDD followed by the country code for Vietnam. For Vietnam, the country access code number is 84.




      Dial the city area code for Bac Ninh which is 241.




      Complete your call by dialing the local telephone number of the person or company in Bac Ninh that you are trying to reach. If the first digit is "0" on the telephone number, omit this "0".

      If you are calling a telephone number while your are in Bac Ninh do not dial the exit code or the dialing code for Vietnam and dial the your telephone number and not forgetting the "0" at the front of the number.

      Once you know how to make an international call to Bac Ninh, it is vital to know how to save money on the international phone calls. Calling international phone numbers in Bac Ninh can be very expensive, especially if you do not use the right telephone carrier. There are, however, several tools and ways to find the best and cheap international call rates for Bac Ninh: International calling cards provide one of the cheapest rates to call Bac Ninh in Vietnam; VOIP uses the internet to make telephone calls to Bac Ninh. There are several VOIP providers who offer the best phone call rates to Bac Ninh; and Skype is the popular internet based telephony system to calls to Bac Ninh at very cheap rate or even free.
    • Marilyn Mitchell Joey Arnold, i think new phones work in most countries, the phone you got from me is ancient.

  8. Joey Arnold
    January 5 via mobile
    People should smile more.
    1116Like ·  · 
    • Krista Lakey dude we smile and nobody cares
    • Joey Arnold Does smiling feel good?
    • Rebeca Kanagy people where? depending on what country you're in its a cultural thing not to smile. But when they do smile you know its genuine 
    • Maria Viamey · 2 mutual friends
      how i should smile f ther's the problem.
    • Joey Arnold Some people smile more often. Some people smile less often. As a scientist, I have observed this phenomenon in Oregon, California, New York, New Jersey, South Carolina, West Virginia, Washington, Idaho, Hawaii, Quebec, & even Vietnam. It is the same. Each person is different. People smile for different reasons. The whole world is the same.

      Some people are more friendly and some people are not as friendly, and it is not simply just a cultural thing. Yes, many things contributes to why people do what they do, but it mostly comes down to individual choice. No matter where I am in this world, I see all the different kinds of people present. There are always a few individuals who choose to smile, to love life, & their choices has nothing or very little to do with cultural stimulation.

      Smiling is not always sincere, and if the smiling is not sincere, I do not consider it to be an actual smile. Please smile more often. Spread this smiling laughing happy disease to everyone around you before it is too late.

    • Bill Hathorn I'm not aware of any culture that the thing to do is not smile. I think smiling is universal. Maybe I'm wrong, but I naturally feel good when people smile at me. Natural tendency is to smile back. I know when I smile almost always I get a return smile.
    • Marilyn Mitchell even blind people smile
    • Marilyn Mitchell and deaf people laugh
    • Rebeca Kanagy Ukraine is one country/culture that (as a whole, excluding a few individuals) does not smile all the time, you don't just randomly smile at strangers on the street. They think you are trying to sell them something, crazy, or a foreigner. I've never been to Ukraine but I have heard what I just told you first hand from my uncle who just last month visited missionaries living there who know what it's like living there day in and day out. I couldn't believe it either, what do you mean they don't smile? But apparently they don't, unless with family or within an intimate group of friends, but not just randomly at strangers. They have appropriate settings in which to smile I guess. Interesting huh? 
    • Joey Arnold I have met amazing people from the Ukraine. They like to smile. However, that does sound right. Some countries may smile a little less. For me, I do not smile at everybody I see. I try to keep a neutral face. I am kind of like holding back a smile at all times. 

      I believe that if I were to smile all of the time then little kids and others will begin throwing rocks at me like they did to Stephen in the book of Acts and they might start yelling, "Run for your life, it is an evil clown Barbie Barney Hot Lava Monster in a shape Napolean Dynamite Yoda Awesome Power cat dog bana milk shake that tastes so delicious." Tell me that does not make you want to smile?
    • Smilely Jarito yes of course
    • Joey Arnold Your name is Smilely.

  9. Joey Arnold
    January 3 via mobile
    You are beautiful but we're not having sex.
    414Like ·  · 
  1. People are the same no matter where you go, whether you are in Vietnam, Hawaii, New York, Oregon, Quebec, South Carolina, Japan, Singapore, California. These are all places I have been to. 

    Yes, each person is different, but the variety of people are mixed all around the world. When you run into a brown woman, you can think to yourself, "Her personality and character is kind of like my Aunt BooBo...
    See More
    84Like ·  · 
    • My heart just broke again. Here is a song that I am dedicating to my heart. I need some duct-tape for my heart breaks for you.

      If I fell out of a tree would you duct-tape my broken heart back together? http://JoeyArnold.BlogSpot.com http://FaceBook.com/JoeyArnold4 http://YouTube.com/...
    22Like ·  · 
  2. Nguoi my tram lang — with Joey Arnold.
    663Like ·  · 
  3. Thầy to,thầy khoe?,bé trẻ,bé xinh (~•~) — with Joy Sanchez and Joey Arnold.
    See Translation
    1291Like ·  · 
  4. Thầy, cô giáo tiếng anh!:)) thầy giáo thật vui tính^^! — with Joy Sanchez and 2 others.
    See Translation
    30116Like ·  · 

  5. Joey Arnold likes an article.

    www.examiner.com
    On Oct. 26, President Obama signed a new Executive Order which expands the role and scope of Homeland Security in states and areas across the country. This ord
    Like ·  · 

  6. Joey Arnold likes an article.

    www.theblaze.com
    Back in September, radio personality Howard Stern highlighted an often overlooked aspect of the average voter-- namely, that they tend to feel strongly about th...See More
    Like ·  · 
  7. Only my dad would say this. After working all day for him, right before you collapse from exhaustion, he loves saying to you, "Ok, good job. Now, I guess you can take the rest of the day off now."
    155Like ·  · 
  8. If you don't vote, Obama will be re-elected. When you raise taxes for business, they have to fire people because they have less money because their money is going to the taxes. The larger organizations are always finding loop-holes out of taxes. They are not always paying taxes. the United States is becoming communistic like Russia. It is really sad that so many people do not care about these things. They do not even want to know. Worse, they do not even understand any of this. It is not the hardest thing to see. I really wish I could show you that we are Titanic.
    861Like ·  · 
  9. 44 Tapes List: VHS Video Cassette Tapes List:


    VHS

    01 2003 Me in my Room.
    ...
    Like ·  · 

























No comments:

Post a Comment