Wednesday, October 30, 2013

On Demand

  1. I asked, "Are you from Italy?" No. "Are you from a country in Europe?" Yes: and "I'm from a country that starts with the letter i." Ok, not Ireland, Iceland, or even India. He says he's from Israel just a second ago. They say Israel borders Europe.

    I replied, "Israel doesn't border Europe, unless if you count the Mediterranean Sea as part of Europe."

    His ancestors are from European countries. His accent threw me off. Some thought I was from Canada but most of them know that I'm from "The States," as in the USA.

    I asked that guy, and the others, "Do you call it Israel or Palestine?" He replied, "Israel because we're Christian." Me, too. 

    In other news, the Drink&Talk English Speaking Club will let foreigners attend the club for free. I am a foreigner but they do not want me to come in free. I speak better English than some international tourists, and yet they are treated fairer than me.

    The moral of the story is that people will not always treat you right. As humans, we are accustomed to making premature judgements, assumptions, thoughts, and even decisions.

    .

    .

    The keyword here is the word "Assumption."

    When we are bias, we are doing so through assumptions. 

    When we make stereotypes, those even are assumptions.

    When homo sapiens are racist, they are being influenced, moved, stirred, motivated, and even cursed through and, by, and even for premature assumptions.

    .

    You may not always be my friend.

    But I can always be your friend.

    .

    .

    .

    People may not always treat you fairly.

    But do not give up.

    Never back down.

    Do not give in.

    Never surrender.

    Do not get a game over.

    When you fall, please get back up.

    Stand up for your rights.

    Stand up for what you believe in.

    Keep your head in the game.

    Keep your cool.

    Keep your distance.

    Stand back.

    Take a break.

    Take some deep breaths.

    Fight for what is right.

    Keep going.

    Do not stop.

    Never let Go. NLG. Titanic.

    Find your happy thoughts.

    Do not lose your marbles.

    .

    .

    .

    You are what you eat.
    Stay organic.

    With Oatmeal in my bowl,
    Is Jesus in your soul?

    .

    .

    Yours truly,

    Joey Arnold:
    Oo Joey Arnold
    Original Oatmeal 
    The Original Oatmeal
    The Original Oatmeal Club
    http://MeaOmnia.com/o
    OriginalOatmeal@Gmail.com 

    Oatmeal English
    Oatmeal English Club
    Restore Main Street: Restore Main Street

    My Viettel mobile phone number is
    0-163-425-1695

    My Address is
    553/2/19 Lũy Bán Bích, phường Phú Thạnh: quận Tân Phú, t.p. Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam, Asia

    .

    .

    .

    How are you?

    .

    I am an English Teacher.

    I also make movies, websites, music, and other things.

    Keep in contact with me.

    You may never know when I will come in handy.

    You are what you eat.
    Stay organic.

    Yours truly,

    Joey Arnold
    The Original Oatmeal

    My Facebook is
    http://FB.com/OriginalOatmeal

    My Email is
    OriginalOatmeal@Gmail.com

    My Skype is
    Original Oatmeal

    My Youtube is
    http://YouTube.com/OriginalOatmeal

    My Mea Omnia is
    http://MeaOmnia.com/o

    My Viettel mobile phone number is
    0-163-425-1695

    My Address is
    553/2/19 Lũy Bán Bích, phường Phú Thạnh: quận Tân Phú, t.p. Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam, Asia

    My Tagged is
    http://Tagged.com/OriginalOatmeal

    How are you? In case I forget, I met you. I want to make sure I remember how and when I met you. I meet people all of the time. I will do my best to remember people. I want to be there for people. I want to make my self available to people as often as I can.

    I am sending this email to you to help me remember you. Please write back to me when you can. Please add me on Facebook. Add me on Skype. Just type in my name Original Oatmeal and search for my name on Google and on Facebook and on Bing and on Yahoo and all over the internet. You can also find me with my email address.

    Please help me remember who you are and tell me about yourself if you want. In case I forget, you can share your contact information with me, that is if you want me to have them. I am talking about your phone number, address, full name, nick-names, email, Facebook, stories about life, advice, or anything that you want to share at all.

    .

    I am the founder of Oatmeal English
    http://Youtube.com/OatmealEnglish

    I have been teaching English in Vietnam since the year of 2012. I have been a teacher since 1995.

    I was born in the United States. I attend 4 different colleges. I have worked at schools, centers, cafes, shops, stores, restaurants, parks, clubs, houses, places, Facebook, Skype. My skin is white. I wear glasses. People think I am funny and inspirational.

    I make movies, websites, books. I am a man of many talents. If you need anything, please contact me. Feel free to be my friend.

    .

    Google Me For More Information
    http://CouchSurfing.org/jaOriginalOatmeal
    http://OriginalOatmeal.WordPress.com/
    http://Pinterest.com/OriginalOatmeal
    http://OatmealOmnia.BlogSpot.com/
    http://OriginalOatmeal.Tumblr.com/
    I am the founder of Ironic Mystic
    I am the producer behind Mea Omnia
    I am a producer behind Restore Main Street

    About Me

    I have been in Vietnam since the year 2012.

    I've been teaching since 1995.

    I've been teaching in Vietnam since 2012.

    I've been acting, directing, producing, making films, script-writing, inventing, designing, etc., since 1996.

    I was born 1985, February 11, Monday 6 AM PST. I was born in Forest Grove, Oregon, United States.

    I've been drawing & singing since 1989.

    I've been writing since 1991.

    I've been drawing comic strips since 1992.

    I've been web-designing since 2001.

    I've been playing guitar since 2008.

    I've been playing piano since 1995.

    I've been playing basketball since 1992.

    I've been cycling on bicycles since 1991.

    I am a Web Designer, Film Producer, Writer, Artist, Musician, Inventor, Counselor, Teacher, Tutor, Guide, Pastor, Guitarist, Pianist, Dancer, Singer, Inventor, Actor, Director, Cameraman, Philosopher, Missionary, Basketball Player, Athlete, Strategist, Comedian, and so much more.

    Feel free to talk to me.

    You can write to me. You can add me on Facebook. You can google my name. You can find me all over the internet. You can call me. You can email me. You can SMS text message me. You can find me. If you need anything, just come to me. I am here for you.

    Original Oatmeal

    Why Eat Anything Else?
    1Unlike ·  · 
  2. Unlike ·  · 
  3. Like ·  · Unfollow Post · 
  4. I'm at Coffee Nino 3: Số 11 đường A4, Tân Bình, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam 123456789: Original Oatmeal: The Original Oatmeal: Oatmeal English.

    I'll be here until about 10 PM today, Tuesday: 2013 October 29th. Come here if you want to meet me. If you are scared, then don't swim in the deep end. I am having a Fringe marathon with myself. Come if you dare.

    Mea Omnia. Restore Main Street. Restore Ma...
    See More
    Unlike ·  · 
  5. I am at the Z Coffee - Cocktail & Wine (at 50F Hoa Sứ, phường 7, quận Phú Nhuận, HCM, Vietnam, Asia) today, Tuesday, 2013 October 29th, until 5 PM. 

    Come here. Come talk to me. Are you chicken? My name is Joey Arnold, the Original Oatmeal. I am the founder of the Oatmeal English, Mea Omnia, Restore Main Street, Ironic Mystic.
    See Translation
    Ready to party?
    See Translation
    Unlike ·  · 
  6. I am here until 5 PM today. Joey Arnold
    Ready to party?
    Unlike ·  · 
    • You like this.
    • Joey Arnold
  7. Makes fun of both parties but funny!

    A woman in a hot air balloon realized she was lost. She lowered her altitude and spotted a man in a boat below. She shouted to him, "Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

    The man consulted his portable GPS and replied, "You're in a hot air balloon, approximately 30 feet above ground elevati...
    See More
    Like ·  · 
  8. Some English Clubs are free for me. But others cost money. Some appreciate what I do. Some want to add incentives to cultivate the USA-born Native English Speakers. They want to blanket themselves around the experience of being around me. Yet, others do not understand. Joey Arnold. Oatmeal English
    Unlike ·  · 
  9. I have been without work for the seven of the past ten months that I've been living here in Vietnam. Original Oatmeal. Oatmeal English. Oatmeal English Club. Mea Omnia. Ironic Mystic. Restore Main Street.http://MeaOmnia.com/o 

    My previous boss fired me because the English lessons were too easy for the adult male staff and too hard for the adult female employees. He said that I don't listen to hi...
    See More
    1Unlike ·  · 
  10. Tôi là một người Mỹ. Bạn có muốn dạy tôi Việt Nam? The Original Oatmeal. Oatmeal English. Oatmeal English Club. Original Oatmeal.Original Oatmeal. Joey Arnold
    Unlike ·  · 
  11. I've been eating oatmeal for the past 20 years. That is twenty actual years that I've been cooking and devour something by myself without the help from the female population. Original Oatmeal. Oatmeal English.Oatmeal English Club. Mea Omnia. Mea Omnia
    Like ·  · 
  12. Halloween sắp tới rồi! Các bạn đã hoá trang gì chưa ?
    Kyo sẽ hoá trang chú dê, nên ngày đó Kyo được quyền "dê" thoải mái và nhiều nhé!
    Tiếng dê kêu viết vậy đúng không các bạn: "behe... be ...he"
     — withDuy Thành Nguyễn.
    Like ·  · 
  13. Unlike ·  · 
  14. If you want to go to FaceBook, you can type in fb.com in the address bar of your web browser. It automatically redirects the fb.com to the displayed address of FaceBook.com. 

    That goes with all the web pages of FB. For example, you can typ...See More
    Like ·  · 
  15. What are your first impressions of me? Original Oatmeal
    Unlike ·  · 
  16. Welcome to the Oatmeal English Club. Brought to you by me, Joey Arnold. My nickname is the Original Oatmeal. I am the founder of theOatmeal English, http://MeaOmnia.com/e 

    My Viettel Mobile Phone: 0-163-425-1695 
    My email: OriginalOatmeal...See More
    Unlike ·  · 
  17. Like ·  · Unfollow Post · 
  18. Right now, I am at the Milano Coffee at 361A Phạm Ngũ Lão, phường Phạm Ngũ Lão, Quận 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam. My name is Joey Arnold. You can call me the Original Oatmeal. For more information, go to my website at http://MeaOmnia.com/o
    See Translation
    Like ·  · 
  19. Luis Casanova "KICKED ME OUT" of the Drink&Talk English Speaking Club, which lacks native American English Speakers. Luis says that I must pay money to go to the club.

    Luis said that normal foreigners get to attend for free. However, JoeyArnold, the Original Oatmeal, can't. He says that I am a trouble-maker. Why? Am I a trouble maker for starting the Oatmeal English? Am I bad at English? Am I a terrorist for engineering Mea Omnia? Am I Satanist for initiating Ironic Mystic, Restore Main Street, Incredible Inspiration? OriginalOatmeal@Gmail.com Viettel Cell Phone: 0-163-425-1695http://MeaOmnia.com/o 

    Luis says that they appreciate foreigners. However, they do not seem to appreciate me. Plus, I never see foreigners at their club. They want to ban their only foreigner. Is it because I am American from the United States? 

    Luis Casanova wrote, and I quote:

    "Dear Joey,

    As a leader of Drink&Talk English Speaking Club, I would like to say something so that you can understand clearly my point of view.

    We do appreciate all of foreigners who can come and support us. If those people are friendly, active, helpful, positive thinking, we always encourage them to come and do not charge fees for sure. We are not only want to help our customers to improve their English speaking skill, we want to help them to get the positive point of view as well. Obviously, you are not the one who can help us on this.

    So, even though you are such a trouble maker foreigner, we will always try to treat you well as other customers. Once again, I have to say NO with your request about none-charging.

    Thank you so much and have a great day.
    Regards,
    Luis."

    Plus, Marshall wrote, "[Marshall] The club's fee is just 5.000VND man, plus to your bill of meals and drink that you'd ordered. We do not abuse anybody. I did not force you to pay the money. It is the common thing that everyone else know.

    I do hope that you understand this. If you're looking for a place where you get paid to speak English, please seek schools, English centers, and go on...

    We are the English Speaking Club, not the English Teaching School, we create the environment for people to talk to eachother by English. That is the "DEMAND" that people are looking for, we just simply give out the "SUPPLY".

    And please, sir, you yourself call foreigners "aliens", we do not. We call them "friends".

    We don't want to "hook" people up like fish, 'cause they are human, not fish. If you want to "hook" them up, please stop doing it under our name. The warm and welcoming environment are which keep the people stay with the club.

    Sincerely, Marshall."

    The daily club fee for each customer is 5.000 dongs. By the way, if you do not order a drink, the fee is 15.000 VND. Plus, I am not a customer. I do not need to practice English. Vietnamese people are charged because they are working on their English. 




    .

    Do I look like I need to work on my English?

    There are some contradiction in what they are saying, in their logic, their reasoning, in how they see the world.

    You should not abuse foreigners like this.

    They are trying to deny it.

    Yet, they are misinterpreting me.

    I am being misunderstood.

    They ran off with my face.
    Like ·  · 
  20. I will be performing at the Stand-Up Saigon 8 AM Wednesday, the 13th of November 2013. My name is Joey Arnold. You can call me the Original Oatmeal, the founder of Oatmeal English, Ironic Mystic; and producer behind Restore Main Street, Me...See More
    Like ·  · 
  21. I will be at the Fellowship Youth Group today. This English Club is 7 PM on Mondays. I am one of the teachers there. My name is Joey Arnold. You can call me the Original Oatmeal. I am the founder of the Oatmeal English, Ironic Mystic. http://MeaOmnia.com/o
  22. Should foreigners have to pay money to attend English Clubs, like theDrink&Talk English Speaking Club for example? At this cafe, they charge me money. However, it's the other way around at schools where they pay the native speakers.

    My name is Joey Arnold. You can call me the Original Oatmeal. I am the founder of Oatmeal English, Ironic Mystic, and co-founder of the Restore Main Street, and Mea Omnia. Learn more at http://MeaOmnia.com/o

    Some English Clubs, in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, lack foreigners. I have been in Vietnam since the year 2012. They do not always have aliens at the clubs.

    Now, it is bad for business to make foreigners pay because that may discourage them from coming. English is an investment. It is bad policy to abuse native-English teachers like that.

    This is a simple lesson that I was taught in my high school Economics class. It has to do with the concept of "Supply and Demand." If more foreigners wanted to attend the English Clubs, then you may consider making them pay money because some of them would.

    However, since there are less foreigners, that means less chances hooking them. You diminish your chances when you hinder their ability and desire to come.
    Unlike ·  · 
    • You and Đức Khỏe like this.
    • Drink&Talk English Speaking Club [Marshall] The club's fee is just 5.000VND man, plus to your bill of meals and drink that you'd ordered. We do not abuse anybody. I did not force you to pay the money. It is the common thing that everyone else know.

      I do hope that you understand this
      . If you're looking for a place where you get paid to speak English, please seek schools, English centers, and go on...

      We are the English Speaking Club, not the English Teaching School, we create the environment for people to talk to eachother by English. That is the "DEMAND" that people are looking for, we just simply give out the "SUPPLY".

      And please, sir, you yourself call foreigners "aliens", we do not. We call them "friends".

      We don't want to "hook" people up like fish, 'cause they are human, not fish. If you want to "hook" them up, please stop doing it under our name. The warm and welcoming environment are which keep the people stay with the club.

      Sincerely, Marshall.
    • Luis Casanova Dear Joey,

      As a leader of Drink&Talk English Speaking Club, I would like to say something so that you can understand clearly my point of view.


      We do appreciate all of foreigners who can come and support us. If those people are friendly, active, helpful, positive thinking, we always encourage them to come and do not charge fees for sure. We are not only want to help our customers to improve their English speaking skill, we want to help them to get the positive point of view as well. Obviously, you are not the one who can help us on this.

      So, even though you are such a trouble maker foreigner, we will always try to treat you well as other customers. Once again, I have to say NO with your request about none-charging.

      Thank you so much and have a great day.
      Regards,
      Luis.
    • Original Oatmeal If you order a drink, then you must also pay 5.000 dongs. However, if you do not order a drink, you are charged 15.000 VND. That is what happens when I go there. I have been going here since around May 2013. 

      I do not see foreigners at your club. Why 
      aren't foreigners at your club? Are you too good for foreigners? You would rather practice English with non-native English speakers? Schools seem to respect foreigners more through the mode of compensation.

      I am not a Vietnamese person. You need to remember that some Vietnamese people may want to improve their English. Therefore, you are able to make them pay money because they are desperate. However, foreign backpackers are not always in need of practising English in the same exact ways.

      I am telling people about the Drink&Talk English Speaking Club because people need to understand what is going on.

      Marshall, you are misinterpreting what I am saying and I am trying to say. I am not talking about hooking Vietnamese people. That is not what I am trying to say at all. You are missing the point.

      You need to go back to school and learn how to better read and better understand what I am actually trying to say. Now, the word "Alien" simply means people from other lands. Do not make fun of the different words that I use. 

      My decision to use the word "Alien" instead of "Friend" was to highlight how foreigners may think differently................
    • Original Oatmeal Luis, why do you reject me? Why can't I volunteer with your club? Why are you being mean to me like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment