Sunday, October 20, 2013

Foreigners Have To Pay At English Clubs in HCM?


Should foreigners have to pay money to attend English Clubs, like the Drink&Talk English Speaking Club for example? At this cafe, they charge me money. However, it's the other way around at schools where they pay the native speakers.

My name is Joey Arnold. You can call me the Original Oatmeal. I am the founder of Oatmeal English, Ironic Mystic, and co-founder of the Restore Main Street, and Mea Omnia. Learn more at http://MeaOmnia.com/o

Some English Clubs, in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, lack foreigners. I have been in Vietnam since the year 2012. They do not always have aliens at the clubs.

Now, it is bad for business to make foreigners pay because that may discourage them from coming. English is an investment. It is bad policy to abuse native-English teachers like that.

This is a simple lesson that I was taught in my high school Economics class. It has to do with the concept of "Supply and Demand." If more foreigners wanted to attend the English Clubs, then you may consider making them pay money because some of them would.

However, since there are less foreigners, that means less chances hooking them. You diminish your chances when you hinder their ability and desire to come.
Like · · · about a minute ago near Ho Chi Minh City · 


Trà Tươi says no

No comments:

Post a Comment