Monday, October 21, 2013

"KICKED-OUT" of the Drink & Talk English Speaking Club in Saigon, Vietnam

  • Luis Casanova "KICKED ME OUT" of the Drink&Talk English Speaking Club, which lacks native American English Speakers. Luis says that I must pay money to go to the club.

    Luis said that normal foreigners get to attend for free. However, Joey Arnold, theOriginal Oatmeal, can't. He says that I am a trouble-maker. Why? Am I a trouble maker for starting the Oatmeal English? Am I bad at English? Am I a terrorist for engineeringMea Omnia? Am I Satanist for initiating Ironic Mystic, Restore Main Street, Incredible Inspiration? OriginalOatmeal@Gmail.com Viettel Cell Phone: 0-163-425-1695http://MeaOmnia.com/o 

    Luis says that they appreciate foreigners. However, they do not seem to appreciate me. Plus, I never see foreigners at their club. They want to ban their only foreigner. Is it because I am American from the United States? 

    Luis Casanova wrote, and I quote:

    "Dear Joey,

    As a leader of Drink&Talk English Speaking Club, I would like to say something so that you can understand clearly my point of view.

    We do appreciate all of foreigners who can come and support us. If those people are friendly, active, helpful, positive thinking, we always encourage them to come and do not charge fees for sure. We are not only want to help our customers to improve their English speaking skill, we want to help them to get the positive point of view as well. Obviously, you are not the one who can help us on this.

    So, even though you are such a trouble maker foreigner, we will always try to treat you well as other customers. Once again, I have to say NO with your request about none-charging.

    Thank you so much and have a great day.
    Regards,
    Luis."

    Plus, Marshall wrote, "[Marshall] The club's fee is just 5.000VND man, plus to your bill of meals and drink that you'd ordered. We do not abuse anybody. I did not force you to pay the money. It is the common thing that everyone else know.

    I do hope that you understand this. If you're looking for a place where you get paid to speak English, please seek schools, English centers, and go on...

    We are the English Speaking Club, not the English Teaching School, we create the environment for people to talk to eachother by English. That is the "DEMAND" that people are looking for, we just simply give out the "SUPPLY".

    And please, sir, you yourself call foreigners "aliens", we do not. We call them "friends".

    We don't want to "hook" people up like fish, 'cause they are human, not fish. If you want to "hook" them up, please stop doing it under our name. The warm and welcoming environment are which keep the people stay with the club.

    Sincerely, Marshall."

    The daily club fee for each customer is 5.000 dongs. By the way, if you do not order a drink, the fee is 15.000 VND. Plus, I am not a customer. I do not need to practice English. Vietnamese people are charged because they are working on their English. 




    .

    Do I look like I need to work on my English?

    There are some contradiction in what they are saying, in their logic, their reasoning, in how they see the world.

    You should not abuse foreigners like this.

    They are trying to deny it.

    Yet, they are misinterpreting me.

    I am being misunderstood.

    They ran off with my face.
    Like ·  · Unfollow Post · 

No comments:

Post a Comment