Thursday, June 13, 2013

crap




Conversations | See all 5,681 »

  • Dom WalkerPrivate_message
    Hey, I'm planning on getting to HCMC at the end of next week and wanted to do the same thing! Did you find a bike easily enough?
  • Tom ChristiePrivate_message
    Also if you can't speak English and you want to get a message across then write viet! please don't translate as translating viet to english doesnt make sense
    Trang LeeGiPrivate_message
    It's great to find out some new passages from u. I think while we do sth together, we begin to be a partner and friends.^^ I like this!
    Kim FreemanPrivate_message
    I disagree.
    Trúc TerukoPrivate_message
    I joined many different CF communities and only in this community do I find so many posts about "help with English!". This is couchsurfing and so many Vietnamese people are taking advantages and changing the beautiful meaning of its. I feel pretty annoyed whenever I see such posts about helping with English. Some may defend "okay, you are good at English so you don't care. We need to learn. It's none of your business". But yes, I'm sure most foreigners here who are travelers would feel uncomfortable as well since I get email notifications all day. There are thousands of websites to learn English on the Internet and they can always find available talking/chatting partners and teacher. Why do they have to bombard this TRAVELING community? I find it a shame being a Vietnamese member here because I don't find such posts on many other communities I join around the world.
    There are language communities on CF as well, though I find it funny to have such communities on a "lonelyplanet" website like this.
    However, I agree with you Tom, it's better people stop saying "hey, let's hang out! I want to practice English" because surely they will get the chance to practice language. Instead, they should have more respect for the community, the travelers as well as themselves not showing themselves a shallow person.
    I know my message sounds harsh and Tom's message is very gentle and understanding already.
    Kim FreemanPrivate_message
    Life is about serving others.
    secondary oatmillPrivate_message
    Trúc, I totally agree with you. Give Couchsurfing the proper function it is here named.
    Worse still, some guy always post for event of meeting locals to practice languages. It's despicable the way Couchsurfing is abused for business like coffeeshop and restaurants, and the couchsurfers in Saigon community are just procurers for Cafés or restaurants. In so doing those people don't serve anybody, they serve themselves, they are profiteers.
    Trúc TerukoPrivate_message
    Yes, i also saw many posts about "let's gather at this and that cafe, restaurant" to practice English. I find it ironic because for the sake of speaking language, we don't have to practically gather at such places. Being a local, I know the prices of drinking that recommended there are not cheap at all. I know many English clubs at coffee shops which offer a much cheaper price for students, and they never go to CF to post and call students to come there but they still have foreign volunteers.
    I can only assume that the Viet people who come here and ask help with English are either too lazy or too bad at Google.
    Kim FreemanPrivate_message
    Don't make fun of the helpless.
    Minh Tram Do PhamPrivate_message
    Yeah, Some of my new friends from CS asked me if Vietnamese people just looked for foreigners to practice English?
    It's kinda shame
    Candy SnifPrivate_message
    Count me in!!!
    Benny TrinhPrivate_message
    Good ideas Tom, there are group of Saigon language Exchange @ https://www.couchsurfing.org/group.html?gid=62651
    and Language Exchange @ https://www.couchsurfing.org/group.html?gid=4441

    Let join.
    Boorin_ngoanPrivate_message
    Totally agree! Dont want to be mean but this site is definetely not an english club :)
    Justin TranPrivate_message
    totally agree
    Kim FreemanPrivate_message
    Your agreement is inconclusive.
    Le OanhPrivate_message
    You are so great!!! I like your good ideas
  • secondary oatmillPrivate_message
    Respectful Sir:
    Have you gone absent-minded? I am sure not. Haven't we met before? You knew me long before I had known Couchsurfing. You told me you joined English activities to deter possible Alzheimer when I asked why you were present at American Center in Diamond Plaza. You wrote your Messenger address in my handbook and introduced Couchsurfing website to me. Hahaha! I know in your eyes I was just a pathetic Effing S.O.B!
    I am kidding. I didn't think you would post in public.
    Anyway, hope you can pull a leg out of the sucking-down six-feet deep. Live up a hundred Dear Sir!!
    Your Oldtimer!
  • voo HandPrivate_message
    Hi, chihoang. My friend is looking for a new job in HCMcity. He can speak three languages,and he is learning about tutors lessson in order to be a teacher. i;m very glad to see you in someday.
    Samuel SchoepePrivate_message
    sent you a PM, Cheers
    hi everyone, I'm so glad to see all your text, I'll contract you soon, guys

    Many thanks
    Chi
    Kim FreemanPrivate_message
    "I'll contact you guys soon."

    Not "I'll contract you guys soon."

    Unless if you plan to hire everybody.
  • English teachers

    cindy phamPrivate_message
  • secondary oatmillPrivate_message
    You must grope into the lair to catch the cub; as an old saying goes in full: Not going into the tiger lair; how can you catch the cub.
    Kim FreemanPrivate_message
    Can I get a sample, first? Do massages involve sex?
    Ai-Vi NguyenPrivate_message
    Lush is one of the popular local bar. good music, good drinks. It has Lady Night which is on Tuesday night when all ladies get free drinks till midnight. I'm planning to chill there tonight. Does anyone wanna join? No idea about Go Go Bar though
    Kim FreemanPrivate_message
    When does Lush open and closes?
    Ai-Vi NguyenPrivate_message
    Lush is closed today for maintainance unfortunately.
    Kim FreemanPrivate_message
    When is Lush open each day?
    LOUIS FRANCPrivate_message
    Yup, they open everyday but most of fun is on weekend! Enjoy!
    An LaiPrivate_message
    i wont look for a lover at some bars
    Kim FreemanPrivate_message
    What time each day?
  • Kim FreemanPrivate_message
    Who wants to be 2nd best?
    secondary oatmillPrivate_message
    Before becoming oat meal, I must grind him. I am powered by optional energy either wind or electricity. Lol.
    Kim FreemanPrivate_message
    What about solar power?
  • HCM Meet

    Neil TerryPrivate_message
  • Anne LPrivate_message
    hey I'm doing it tonnight and it cost me 12 dollars but it's a night bus!
    Hongha NguyenPrivate_message
    the sinh bus is good ! I had been PP by this bus ^^ https://www.thesinhtourist.vn/landscapes/sg/1/sai-gon
  • Nov RainPrivate_message
    welcome to HCM city!
    Susie PhamPrivate_message
    Hi ,
    Welcome to hcm city. Hope u have joyful time here
  • Susie PhamPrivate_message
    I haven't tried it before but I think its very hard to ride ur bike from hcmc to Hanoi. Cause its a long trip. But I'll support u anyway!
    Cheers up.
    Susie
    Tran TranPrivate_message
    Honestly, It is really too risk for u when u ride the bike to go through VN. The traffic here is crazy and insecured.. let think twice before making up ur mind.
    take care:)
    Samuel SchoepePrivate_message
    I did a trip from Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi and further to Sapa.
    If you have a little experience it is a piece of cake. I had no problems and a great time. I also met many people that did the same thing and had no problems.
    Let me know when you have time and we can meet for a coffee.
    Don't let anyone tell you, that it's not possible. It sure is possible! :D
    Cheers
    Luna Nguyet VuongPrivate_message
    I think it would be better if you go with a group, the distance is too far away and risky if you go alone. :)
  • Khanh MileyPrivate_message
    Dear Sharifah,
    I'm Khanh, living in HCMC. Welcome to my friendly city. I think 5 days is not enough to visit all places you want. There is my recommendation for your 6 - day trip:
    - Day 1: city tour (the Notre Dame Cathedral, Central Post office, Reunification Hall, City Hall, Opera house, War Crime Museum, Thien Hau temple,..).
    - Day 2: Cu Chi tunnel, Cao Dai temple (Tay Ninh province)
    - Day 3 & 4: Mekong delta (Tien Giang, Ben Tre, Can Tho)
    - Day 5 & 6: Mui Ne Beach
    Send me messages if you have any queries.
    Best regards,
    Khanh
    5days not enough? Hhmmmmm.....
    Long KhánhPrivate_message
    You should prepare your health for your journey beacause the weather is not fine, sometimes it's heavy rain, sometimes it's sunny. Cheers!
  • Hi Traveling

    An LaiPrivate_message
  • visa

    Andrew SykahuaPrivate_message

No comments:

Post a Comment