Saturday, April 27, 2013

Moving to Saigon to Teach


THUY NguyễnPrivate_message
i don't know where wil you teach? and where will you live?
But if u live in Viet Nam, u wil have a motobike for joing in Traffic. because in my Country all the people have motobike. and you should rent room, i thinks the Foreing will pay expensive for room. you should find someone help you.
if you want, u can contact with me by skype : Sally.nguyen2090.
I can help you, if i can do it.
Cheer
Wesley wesleyPrivate_message
HI ,
You will also need a map, much friends to walk around to know about here and drive motorbike, for the first times the traffic in Vietnam i dont think you familiar with it.:) some Vietnamese words. To understand Vietnam style, just come to food or Coffee shop:)
Welcome to Vietnam:)
Nguyen TamPrivate_message
My skype is nguyentruongnhutam, I am online now, and you can ask me anything, if I can I will share with you.
AshardDeen99Private_message
Jaclyn - check out www.expat-blog.com and the HCM forum, there is a wealth of knowledge there which i think you will find useful. I am assuming you will be in HCM? if yes there is nothing you need to particularly bring as anything and everything is available here.
khanh LinhPrivate_message
Hi, Our company trains TESOL and introduces teaching positions for foreigner teachers in HCM city. We also help you rent motorbike and room with reasonable price if you need. Please contact me atkhanhlinhspace81@yahoo.com . Thanks and hope to hear from you.
Becky HuynhPrivate_message
hi, it's better if I can know where you live ( Sai Gon or Ha Noi or else..). If you are live in Sai Gon, you can rent a bike at backpacker area , the price is about 120.000 VNĐ/ day for automatic bike and 80.000 VNĐ/ day for manual. But this price will be discount if you rent for a month or more.
In Viet Nam, there are so many 1 way and 2 way streets .On the road left lane is using ng for car, bus... and right lane is using for bike, bicycle, motor. Remember that you always ride on your right lane.
Put your bike at parking - lot and take parking ticket ( they'll write down your plate number) .
Some Vietnamese words that you can use :

Hello = Xin Chào
Bye = Tạm biệt
See you again = Hẹn gặp lại.
Yes = Có, vâng
No = không

You should have a picture book to let local know what you want to say, cuz some old aldults don't speak English.

There're some informations that I want to share. You can also contact me via mail :thanh_guide@yahoo.com.vn if you need help. Enjoy your time in Vietnam.

Lee KingPrivate_message
expatriate groups in saigon , would you like to join ?
email me : vu.hoglinh@gmail.com
we help each other and party altogether.
Vanson DoanPrivate_message
i'm jackson.i live in tan binh district,ho chi minh city.when u arrive tan son nhat airport.firstly, u don't buy anything in the airport.it is too expensive.outside,it more cheaper.second, u don't go out and buy in shop,just super market more cheaper.finally,the phone number police if u use mobile phone 08113,hospital 08115.
my english not good after my car accident in auckland.now,i try to study english again.i want to talk with foreigners to improve my speaking ;-)
if u have any problem,want to know any information,u can contact me by email or phone number.hope when u stay at here,u and i will talk,help each other
my fone number:0084908108933,if u in ho chi minh city,0908108933
my email: doanvanson2003@yahoo.com
Original OatmealPrivate_message
I have been teaching English at schools in Saigon, Vietnam for the last 2 months, since the 1st of May of 2013. You can walk everywhere. You do not need to buy or rent a motor-bikes (which are bad for the environment and too expensive).

I bought a bicycle for $100 USD (that is 3.000.000 VND). I get everywhere on my bicycle. It saves you money. You do not have to pay for gas, parking, parts, problems.

I teach 3 female teenagers at New Star English Center school in Tan Phu District and for the Tan Van Foreign Language School at kindergarten and elementary schools in the different districts for children who are 2 - 13 years old of age.

I am paying $6 USD per night at the following hostel in District (quan) 1: Saigon Backpackers Hostel: 203 Phạm Ngũ Lão, phường Phạm Ngũ Lão, Quận 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.

I am looking for an apartment room for rent or hotel still. I have looked at several rooms. Some rooms are less than $200 USD per month, even in Districts 1, 2, or 3, which are the more expensive districts. Food and everything cost more in these 3 districts. I may live in a cheaper district like Binh Thanh or Tan Binh or District 10 or anything that is not too far from the center of Ho Chi Minh City (HCM), Vietnam, Asia. The center is District 1. On the map, it appears that Binh Thanh District is the center, but District 1 is where most backpackers are and District 2 and District 7 have more the long-term foreigners who stay in the more expensive apartments, houses, rooms, condos.

Stay at a hotel in a cheaper district until you can find a cheap room. Most English speakers are around District 1 and some of those other districts.

Do not buy a motor-bike.

I do not like smoke.

Ride a bicycle like I do.

Walk around and meet people.

Go to schools and English Centers everywhere. tell them who you are and what you do. Give them your contact information. They may need teachers for part-time or full-time hours. You never know when extra money may be needed when emergencies arises. Always network. Talk to as many people as you can.

Keep a list of all the schools and people you visit and meet. Once a month, you may try to give the schools and people just one quick visit. Networking is the key to success.

Never stop networking.

The more people you know, the better.




Joey Arnold
Original Oatmeal

(84) 0-163-425-1695
OriginalOatmeal@Gmail.com
http://FaceBook.com/OriginalOatmeal
http://Tagged.com/OriginalOatmeal
http://YouTube.com/OriginalOatmeal

Skype: Original Oatmeal

No comments:

Post a Comment