Sunday, May 26, 2013

Lincoln Hawk Remembered Joey Arnold








The Embassy of the United States did call the New Star English Center of Bac Ninh, Vietnam. This language school told the embassy a bunch of lies which prevented any retribution. The school told me previously that if I did contact the embassy that they would sue me for fraud & damages.

I only want people to know two things. That is it. I am not begging for compensation. But the school is dishonest to their employees and that is morally and legally not fair or right, no matter what country you live in. I will not let these kinds of people bully me around. Are you with me or will you let people continue to get away with such murder?

You can read my public open letter at http://MeaOmnia.com/NewStar and share it with your friends and the world.


I just want people to know these two things:

1. All the things the school promised me.

2. What the school ended up doing to or for me instead.
335Like ·  · 
  • Joey Arnold I just want people to know these two things:

    1. All the things the school promised me.

    2. What the school ended up doing to or for me instead.
  • Tìgïşt Kàssáyȇ hey i read your letter, i thought u r joking about the whole thing on your previous post, am so sorry Joey, where r u now???? u better leave this people and get back to your country than asking them those questions, i don't think they know the answer or English as well. just look for another job!
  • Joey Arnold I use Google Translate to translate my words into Vietnamese. I copy and paste the Vietnamese into my email and I have been having a conversation with the school since August. Back then, the school told me a bunch of nice things to get me to go to Vietnam and now they are telling everybody that they did not say those things ever, but I have proof of what Jimi promised me in the emails and in the Skype messages.
  • Tìgïşt Kàssáyȇ oh make sure u show your proofs to the Embassy!!!
  • Joey Arnold The embassy told me they cannot do anything to help me already.
  • Tìgïşt Kàssáyȇ What? Why? what z hell!!!! R we talking about Vietnam Embassy?? How about z American Embassy in Vietnam?????
  • Joey Arnold The United States Embassy said they couldn't help me.
  • Tìgïşt Kàssáyȇ What z hell!!! Its insane!! Men I suggest u better get back to your country & look for another job!!!!
  • Joey Arnold One of my jobs on this earth is to investigate things & report my findings with the world. I am a reporter and this is the ten O'clock news with Joey Arnold. Thanks for watching.
  • Tìgïşt Kàssáyȇ haha lol tnks for z report!!! 
  • Alex Nguyen you shouldn't stay in Bacninh any more, go to Hanoi and get a new job or come back your home, sorry about that.
  • Jennifer Pableo oh US embassy can't help you probably because you never apply through agency for a work there in vietnam joey.
  • Jennifer Pableo but was wondering why U.S embassy can't help you..they should've help you things settled out instead
  • Joey Arnold I think the US Embassy could do something had I sign a contract with New Star because that would have been a legal document that New Star would be obligated to follow. Instead, New Star only promised me things via email, which seems to be legally unusable for prosecution. In other words, legally speaking, it seems that schools like New Star are legally allowed to lie to potential employees and get away with it and legally speaking there is nobody, not even the UN, could do to stop such corruption.
  • Joey Arnold The US Embassy called New Star for information and then the US Embassy emailed me saying that they couldn't do anything to help me with retribution.
  • Jennifer Pableo oohhh huhuhu am sorry about that joey.. but do you have your passport or any another documents of yours in there? as you have mentioned about your other papers or whatever it was.
  • Jennifer Pableo i was glad that your mom did message me last night and this afternoon too before she went to sleep..she told me that you are getting okay there and probably get job there soon..am happy too
  • Joey Arnold I have my passport, visa, with me, & I will figure something out & I will avoid returning to the United States because I am madly & homosexually in love with Obama.
  • Jennifer Pableo lol..inlove with US.Pres.B.Obama??? ahahah you are kidding me.. you are against Obama as i think.. lol peace! 
  • Marilyn Mitchell Joey likes to joke. he should take down that comment. it is ridiculous. we know he is politically against Obama, as any thinking person would be.
  • Jennifer Pableo eheh yes it was okay Ms.Mitchell,i know he likes joke and at least,he was trying to make people laugh even though he has trouble as this... Well,God bless for the both of you joey and ms.mitchell for trying to make things settled out.. still wants to get some more sleep,3:42am here..goodnight 
  • Jennifer Pableo wooaahhhh...i opened the link that your mom had sent me joey... OMG!! that was really a huge lie from jimi to you.. such a huge pretension he had done to you.. am sorry about that but don't lose your courage no matter what it takes,alright? tc and God bless
  • Joey Arnold I want to be like Rosa Parks who refused to go to the back of the bus. that is what I am doing right now in my life in Vietnam. Everybody is telling me to sit in the back of the bus right now and to accept how things work. People want me to roll over and let bullies get their way because they have the power and because this is how things have been done for so many years. I would rather die then let injustice reign.

    From the famous words of William Booth, the founder of The Salvation Army USA, you have to know that while there are drunks on the streets, I will fight, and while their are orphans and widows starving to death, I will fight against social injustice, and while there are the poor and the lost and the homeless and the injured and the handicapped and the starving and the naked and the dying and the sick, I will fight, and I will fight, and I will fight, until I die.

    I refuse to do the politically correct things in order to survive. Fighting for what is right is way more important than getting by in life. I do not want to live a simple life of compromise where I just let people walk all over the less fortunate.

    Justice must be served to all terrorists to peace. And "Death to America!"
  • Jennifer Pableo wooooooow..awesome couragement you have joey!!!! fight for the right,yeeeh give me five ! 
  • Jennifer Pableo and i'm proud of you joey for you really opened up your personal problems into public.. great 
  • Joey Arnold People are telling me that this kind of sharing can be extremely dangerous.
  • Jennifer Pableo hmm well,kinda dangerous too but you've dare to shared it in public... bravery,i guess 
  • Joey Arnold People say that my future potential employers will be conflicted if they come across things that say that I may have been fired from a job. Actually, I was not fired because I was not actually hired to begin with. Unfortunately, employers are often unable to take the time to fully analyze situations like mine which unfortunately discriminates and marginalizes and abuses and curses and demeans people like me. I am not the only person in these kinds of situations in this world. Most of them are silenced and kept quiet out of fear and hazards and the unknown.

    If you lived in the United States & I told you that I was homosexually in love with you and I told you that I moved to Vietnam and that I will never ever come back to America and that I really hope you never come near me ever, would you still think that I was actually in love with you?
  • Jennifer Pableo oh yes,you'll stay away from me,of course... because you meant the opposite situation if i am that person you're talking about 
  • Joey Arnold In other words I say certain things to get a point across, but I have to sometimes do so through my creative license in order explain things better.
  • Nicholas Littlejohn Go for it and small claims, an attorney, etc! You know your rights.
  • Joey Arnold Can you have attorneys in Vietnam?
  • Jennifer Pableo try it and you'll see
  • Joey Arnold Some people are telling me that I cannot win this and that if I try that I will pay.
  • Jennifer Pableo hmm then don't mind about it first as long as you can get a job for yourself

In Vietnam, we take showers with our clothes on.
413Like ·  · 






I was fired. I am now officially homeless. The boss thinks I do not know how to teach. The boss says that the students hate me. The boss thinks that I am slandering. The boss says my hotel is paid for this day but that is it.
326Like ·  · 






52Like ·  · 














  1. After flying to Vietnam last Thursday, 2012, November 29th, to teach English, I was attacked by taxi drivers. I eventually paid $45 to one for a ride to the New Star International (school) in Bacninh, which was apx 15 minutes away. It was suppose to cost $20 & I was actually suppose to get a free ride.

    Jimi, the director of this school, told me he was going to pick me up in the airport. I waited two hours & he didn't show. He also said that I would stay & sleep in a room at the school. When I got there, he forced me to go to a hotel, give the hotel my Oregon identification card, & the hotel tried forcing me to pay each night. One day, the lady, who works at the hotel, followed me to the school & then had a conversation with the director, since she was trying to get me to give the hotel money. I sat there as they had a twenty minute conversation in Vietnamese. Every once in a while she would look at me while saying "Singapore." It sounded like she was calling me poor. Talk about insult. Singapore. I am poor. It is worse than the Tennessee joke. You are the only ten I see.

    Talk about insult.

    Yet it got worse. The director called me a tutor today via email. He knows very little English. I have been helping out in English classes for several hours each day since Thursday. Today, I was given my first class. It was kind of like a job interview. But there was only one student. It was Jimi. Later, in an email, he said he doesn't need tutors. He might be indirectly firing me even before officially hiring me.

    He promised to pay me $800 for the first month. However, he seem to have changed his mind.

    Right now, I am contemplating the future. I understand that life is full of these variables but these kind of things still bother me.

    I wish you could trust people more. I wish people would stop lying in your face & learn to keep their word.

    My situation right now is that I am stranded in Vietnam without a job. They may still choose to hire me but it is tough to say one way or the other at the moment. I do not have enough money to get back to the United States. I have to contemplate a backup plan. The hotel has my ID card. I do not think they should have that. It is like an I owe them kind of thing but I don't owe them anything.

    I do not feel like I have a home on this planet. But if I did have a home, I'd be feeling pretty home sick right now.
    127Like ·  · 


























No comments:

Post a Comment