Saturday, November 2, 2013

Halloween in Vietnam


I didn't have a scary Halloween yesterday thankfully, but about 80 people where I work did. They came in and found out they were laid off. I hope at least their bosses made it a little more enjoyable by saying it in a British accent, You are the Weakest link, Goodbye. Or, You have been voted off the island. I would have liked to see a competition to see who could keep their job. That would have been cool.
Like · · · 12 hours ago ·

  • Crystal Ann Arnold I'm happy to hear that you were one of the lucky ones that kept your job
  • Original Oatmeal Did I miss Halloween? Was it on Thursday? Well, for me in Vietnam, that day was like any other day, where I go to like different coffee shops, houses, and English Clubs (which is what I normally do daily).

    In Vietnam, cafes may put up Halloween decorations and have parties, but other than that, you will not see thousands of children (absent of parental guidance) walking through the streets while pretending to be people or things that they aren't.

    You'll see more western holiday recognition more closer to the center of Saigon of Vietnam, since there are more international tourists more around the more popular spots of HCM.




No comments:

Post a Comment