Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Dealing with Tiem Long

September 28th, 11:41am
Hi Original Oatmeal Joey Arnold. Nice to meet you. My facebook is Tiem Long. I was working at the Tan Son Nhat airport. I want to learn English more. I have an apartment in District 4 near District 1. We can have coffee and discuss.
September 29th, 2:03pm
yeah
September 29th, 9:46pm
Hi.
Tomorrow night, we can drink cf?
September 30th, 9:33am
I am in District 1. I am going to the Binh Thanh District today.
You can come see me.
Today Morning & afternoon I'm busy, evening is ok, I'm living in District 4 near D.1.
I see
Wednesday 9:21pm
Hi
How r u?
i am ok
Can you teach me english?
I want to speak english well
yes
where do you stay in HoChiMinhcity>
?
Tan Phu District
I live in Tan Binh, near Tan Son Nhat airport
ok
when you have free time?
You first
I want to learn pronunciation
k
Thanks
I am usually free in the morning
Want to meet me tomorrow morning?
okie
where?
Z Cocktail & Wine coffee shop: 50F Hoa Sứ, phường 7, quận Phú Nhuận, HCM VN
Okie. See you there.
May i have your phone number?
My phone number is 0909613819
look on my profile
okie
9am Tomorrow, okie?
ok
see u then
okie. See you there. Thanks and G9.
Can you call me right now?
thanks
good night.
night
Thursday 9:49am
I am in district 1.
No bro
I am not sure what happened to that cafe.
In the English language, you should not say "No."
I waiting you here, 52F Hoa Su
I know why you are saying no.
Did I tell you that I was coming?
Did we agree to that place?
Was that part of the original conditions and agreements and contract and plan?
It's raining
You may have assumed and presumed that I would go to you.
I'm staying near your adress you send me last night
I was there.
I waited an hour there.
After that, I went to district 1.
I had to make a new decision after waiting for an hour.
What's your decision?
I went to Q. 1
Pham Ngu Laos street
that is where i went
i am in a lobby
using free wifi
Okie, send me your really address, when it stop raining i'll go there.
what if it does not stop raining?
Balo Saigon Backpacker's Hostel: 203 Pham Ngu Laos street: Q. 1 HCM VN
How long you will stay there?
until 4 PM
Okie. See you there.
when?
2 hours
k
What is "k"?
k = ok
K
Thursday 12:45pm
Monday 12:46pm
Monday 6:57pm
What's your problem?
Do I have to pay for my drink at Solo?
Yes, because I just free for you first time a day.
you didn't tell me that before
I only wanted to go to Solo if it can be free more than one time a day
You said one meal a day
but you did not say anything about the drinks until now
you skipped those exact details earlier
you may have assumed that i understood it all
you should have given me a reminder as i was going back to Solo tonight
What?
You forgot to tell me about that
until now
What do you want now?
I know now
I am trying to teach you about communication skills
You forgot to tell me that I can only have one drink per day.
It was kind of confusing when I heard the details from you before.
My salary for you is not enought?
That is not what I am saying.
I am trying to teach you about how to talk in English.
I am saying that I misunderstood what you were telling me.
I am saying that I did not understand what your original offer was until now. The conditions on the contract was not exactly clear.
Do you ask too much?
Today, I repair your bike and eat lunch, dinner free.
So, is this not enought for today?
Now what do you want for me?
no
you are misunderstanding me
that is not what I am saying
I thought you understood the English language
that is not what I am talking about
I am talking about the word "COMMUNICATION."
I am talking about language.
I am not talking about those other things.
You are misreading me.
Don't ask a lot from me.
I did not.
I am not asking.
If you think i not good you can finish it
These are not questions.
That is not what I said.
That is not what I am saying.
I am not mad.
I am not asking anything.
I am telling you things.
Education.
Informing.
Not questions.
Information.
Data
I am not upset.
You are fine.
You are a good friend.
I am trying to help.
I'm not discontent.
I'm going to let you off the hook this time, but don't ever do that again, and now i will pay for you.
Can you read English?
Yes
But forget it.
See you tomorrow, Don' t be late
You know why I was late today. I am sorry that I was late Monday morning. I want to make sure you understand everything that I write to you. I will try not be late.
i will try not to be late tomorrow
Okie, i see.
12:06am
They are charging me 161.000 VND
Who?
They are charging me for karaoke.
Where r u?
But karaoke is suppose to be free.
I am still at Solo.
I order a drink.
The drink is suppose to cost 20.000 but they say it costs 41.000
How many your friends there?
no friends
Only you?
they want me to pay for my drink and for singing
only me
it says bong too
but i did not order anything else
i only ordered one drink
i do not understand the rules
Okie
i have never been to a bar in vietnam before
Tell her talk with me
at least not like this
does she have your number?
No
You call her come and call for me
call me
You buy flower
ok
no
And you sing
i did not buy a flower
singing is free
nobody told me this
i cannot pay
i will not pay
this is not fair
it is not right
those things did not happen
they put flowers on my table
I'm sorry, tonight is not my brother
i gave flowers to a singer for fun
i did not buy flowers
i do not understand
i thought your brother was the owner
owner means 24/7
Yes
and i did not know those things cost money
i do not have flowers
they are sitting on my table
i did not ask for flowers
there are flowers on every table
But, he Sub-lease.
i cannot afford the bill
i do not understand the deatils
He just 7am until 8pm
details
this is a big problem
You should learning about culture.
Of Vietnamese
Call her come and talk with me
buying and selling is an international thing that has separate rules
buying and selling has nothing to do with vietnam or any particular country
Yes
there are suppose to be certain trade rules
customers should understand the conditions before entering
You should know vietnam has law
vietnam opened their borders
vietnam is borrowing the ways of other countries
including the code of honesty
8:06am
I am at Solo right now. I am not late today.
14 minutes ago
Yesterday morning, you didn't teach me anything.
You didn't ask.
I don't pay for you free
You were mad at me.
You left.
I never said no to you. I never said that I was not going to teach you.
You assumed things.
You judged me.
You attested situation wrongly/
It is a misunderstanding.
You told me that you do not mind if other people join in with us.
I invited other people because you told me that was fine.
I was waiting for you to tell me what to do because that is what you did in the past.
Now, I no need you.
Don't post on my facebook.
Delete it
Delete your post on my face, now
You are overreacting.
you might be having a mental break-down
Delete your post on my facebook, now
you are acting bossy
you need to listen
Now, not pay, not free coffee and lunch
do not respect teachers like this
I don't need you
You teach me nothing
8:45am
If only I had a quarter for every time I hear things like this from Vietnamese people.
For the past year in Vietnam, at times, I run into Vietnamese people who tend to cheat me and to have temper-tantrums in my face when things don't go there way.
It is very sad that things kind of happen from time to time.
I sit here as a humanitarian, and I suffer and endure such abuse in my life for the sake of making the world a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment