Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Riding Bikes

So today I was biking in Santa Monica on the awesome beach trail. These young kids were zipping past me...the fit looking young ladies were rushing past, gosh even some old guys were passing me. My pride was hurt. How could all these people leave me in the dust? 
Let me tell you why they left me in the dust. They left me in the dust because I was on mile 20 of my journey...thats right I biked 20 miles, from Santa Monica all the way to LAX and back. These guys passing me had just started...they had plenty of energy....This little experience made me think about life, how easy it is to look at people who are struggling and judge with out walking in their shoes...or riding on their bike. Let me tell you 20 miles sitting on a bike seat is not pleasant. Anyway if we knew everything that people had experienced I think we would all be a little more compassionate and less judgmental. I know I will be from now on...at least when I am riding my bike.
Like ·  ·  · about an hour ago near Monte Nido, CA · 

  • Charleen Bradley Alicia Burger and I did this a few years ago at CFOT. We went one way to Santa Monica. Yes...sitting on the seat is pretty much the hardest part!
  • Darlene Richardson Im sorry Kyle that's not far u need to harden up  - I've dwn around lake Taupo a few times-160kms (100 miles) on my bike. That's when the bike seat becomes a problem
  • Joey Arnold I peddle my bicycle miles daily to teach English at schools in Saigon Vietnam. People tell me to buy a motor-bike. They remark that I must be so healthy. I try to tell them that riding a bike is normal and that they should try it more often. It's good exercise and it does save money. I spent $150 on a bicycle in Vietnam. That is the most expensive bike I have ever bought, but I think it is worth it. Sometimes people pass me, and I can kind of get angry at times. When motor-bikes pass me, I can think maybe, "Oh, what? You think I am slow because I am on a bicycle instead of a motor-bike?" Then I start peddling faster in order to pass them. Talk about competition. Sometimes I am too tired and I let it go.

    Keep up the good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment