Wednesday, November 13, 2013

ok

I was fired again. Tiem Long was practising English with me. We've studied in groups. He doesn't mind studying with others. I asked him if I could have others join the club. He said that is fine.

Tuesday, 2013 November 12th: others were with us at the SOLO coffee - Cơm trưa văn phòng. After that, Tiem Long left. Later, he told me that he does not want me any longer. He said that he was not learning from me.

However, he did ask me to teach on Tuesday.



.

He didn't exactly and directly pay me.

There were some misunderstandings. Part of it is due to the cultural gaps, as in cultural differences. Cultural, geographical, religious, and language barriers can cloud translations, interpretations, understandings.

He was going to pay me 500.000 VND per month. That was going to happen someday. Now, this may never happen. That is not good for me, since I rarely have reliable income.

He also gave me me a free drink and free lunch every day that I met him.

Monday, I told him about my bicycle. I did not ask him to fix my bike. But he fixed it.

Tuesday, he may have thought that I was busy with my guests at Solo. Later, he wrote to me on Facebook and he started threatening me.

He was saying, like, "After all that I've done for you, and you are not teaching, and you want more money and more things from me. But I fixed your bike and I give you food and drinks."

However, I am more interested in being daily, not monthly, especially when people say monthly that they may never ever pay you. That is too big of a risk to take and it is too long of a wait.

I never asked him to fix my bike. He may have wanted to help or he may have assumed that I wanted help. However, I was only informing. Plus, God rewards cheerful givers over grumpy givers. You are kind of grumpy when you use your charity in order to manipulate and seek revenge on others.

Do not use your charity in order to manipulate.

When you give to others, then that is good.

But do not force others to return the favor.

It is better when others give back to you.

Compensation is nice.

But forcing it loses it's authenticity.

It defeats the purpose.







.

I also thought that I could have more than one free drink per day at his brother's coffee shop, Solo.

Monday night, I was at Solo. At the end of the night, at midnight, Solo was asking for 300.000 VND. Now, I only ordered a free drink. He told me he would pay for me that one time. I called him and he said that he would pay for my drink.

I ordered coffee, which only costs 8.000, but they took 50.000 VND from me for that one drink that was suppose to be free.

They also said that I bought flowers. They also said that beer and singing karaoke cost money. They also said that the money was going to the hookers who were sitting there in the bar.

He also told me that, at night, it is not his brother's cafe, and that it is only his brother's coffee shop during the day. He told me that after I was already there. It was too late.

That was Monday night.



.

Tuesday morning, I saw him at Solo.

He was mad at me, so I did not say much to him.

He told me to learn Vietnamese culture.

I told him to learn common sense.

He walked off and no longer wants to learn from me.





.

One girl stole 4.000.000 VND from me. She stole my electric motor bike. Another girl stole another 4.000.000 VND. Another family stole my security deposit of 2.000.000. My other 2.000.000 VND bike was stolen. That is a total of 12.000.000 VND right there alone.

Many times, I lose students.

I have been in Vietnam since 2012.

Life is full of surprises.

But do not give up.

This comes right before the Teacher's Day.

.

.


.


WE ARE STILL LOOKING FOR STUDENTS.

PLEASE ADD Original Oatmeal AND PLEASE LIKE The Original Oatmeal AND PLEASE JOIN THE Original Oatmeal Club AND PLEASE JOIN THE Oatmeal English Club AND PLEASE LIKE THE Oatmeal English AND PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO HTTP://YOUTUBE.COM/ORIGINALOATMEAL AND MY EMAIL IS ORIGINALOATMEAL@GMAIL.COM AND MY NAME IS Joey Arnold, AKA THE Vietnam Oatmeal

No comments:

Post a Comment