Sunday, September 22, 2013

Jesus Killed a Few Through Clogged Arteries

  • John Armagh I'm not bothered about paganism - but born agains are pagans masquerading as Christians.
    9 hours ago · Like · 1
  • Keith Pankow Original post is embarrassing to the whole of humanity.
    9 hours ago · Like · 3
  • 9 hours ago · Like · 1
  • John Armagh Agreed, Keith.
  • Vishnupriya Rama Dont worry, the Holy Spirit is in office. He is taking care of his sheep. And taking good care...
  • John Armagh I don't have an issue with people discussing their faith, but when they start preaching zealous claptrap to me then I will use the same ammunition against them.
    9 hours ago · Like · 1
  • Vishnupriya Rama We should be bothered about the flood (real flood) of alien/extraterrestrials 'documentaries'...
  • John Armagh yeeeeeessss 
    9 hours ago · Like · 2
  • Vishnupriya Rama Well, Sergio is not preaching or discussing any new age sect as I can see...don't know why the fusss 
  • Timothy Bruce Ide Again, Sergio Amezcua, you are making Genesis, apparently written by Moses (a man), into God.
    9 hours ago via mobile · Like
  • John Armagh To be honest I don't think many people really take any notice of them - except maybe for curiosity.
    9 hours ago · Like · 1
  • Keith Pankow There are no alien/extraterrestrials, just UFO's. Which kills me every time I hear some knuckle head say "I saw a UFO". A clue to how retarded they are. They don't realize they're saying "I saw something but I don't know what it was".
    9 hours ago · Like · 1
  • John Armagh //don't know why the fusss//
    Oh it's not Sergio in this particular instance.
    9 hours ago · Like · 1
  • Keith Pankow Yay America and our culture of ignorance!
  • Vishnupriya Rama Agreed, Keith, worse still is the experience with aliens in bed...it sucks big time, still they are there (I'm jobless, free time to watch all this BS :D)
  • Sarah Hershlag --Jonah in the Fish 3 days were literal events--

    I love the story of Jonah. I hate to see it used in this way as it loses all of its power. Jonah is a probably a post exilic work (based on a known prophet and an old tradition) that formed a strain of thought (along with Ruth and third Isaiah) that rebelled against the policies of Ezra and Nehemiah who thought the only way to preserve the Israelite people from cultural assimilation was by isolating them and forcing the break up of marriages.

    Jonah is sent to Nineveh. Imagine for a second you're living in the post exilic period at a time when the people were attempting to recover from the calamities that befell them. And you read the story of Jonah being sent to call Nineveh to repentance.

    Nineveh, the capital of the Assyrian Empire which had destroyed the northern kingdom and resettled foreign peoples into the land promised by G-d to the patriarchs.

    You lose all that if all you want to talk about is a big fish.
    9 hours ago · Like · 1
  • John Armagh I saw something but I don't know what it was in the outback of Northern Territories in Australia in November - I'm quite well up on astronomical phenomena but I'm still not sure what it was.
    9 hours ago · Like · 2
  • Vishnupriya Rama Sarah, I prefer Elisha's deeds so much more... Cheers!
  • James Daniel Logan "So, you claim to be theists? You think God started as a one celled organism?"

    I don't know what 'God' started as.....It is a question I wonder about though. However, I do understand how 'God' used certain 'tools' to make his creation work. I also und
    ...See More
    9 hours ago · Like · 1
  • Keith Pankow This is a great doc. regardless of your belief system. Watch it if you haven't seen it.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01nln7d
  • Vishnupriya Rama I hope i'll live to experience at least one UFO sighting...I was taught we cant see anything when fearful...that can be the reason I was spared till now...
  • Keith Pankow ^^^ word, we predicted black holes long before we observed them at the centers of galaxies.
  • John Armagh I'm not saying it was a UFO - just that I couldn't work out what it was.
    9 hours ago · Like · 1
  • Timothy Bruce Ide Mathew Benjamin Barnard, this regards to earlier discussion re erosion in layers:

    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Unconformity
    9 hours ago via mobile · Like · 1
  • Sarah Hershlag --I'm not saying it was a UFO - just that I couldn't work out what it was.--

    That's sort of the definition of a UFO isn't it? It was an object, it was flying, and you couldn't identify it.
  • Vishnupriya Rama that's exactly the definition of UFO => Unidentified Flying Object, nah? Or it didnt fly? Could you tell your experience?
  • 9 hours ago · Like · 1
  • Sergio Amezcua Vishnupriya Rana..... Jesus was no teacher. Jesus was / is God.
    8 hours ago via mobile · Like
  • Vishnupriya Rama Update your knowledge of Jesus, Sergio...
    8 hours ago · Like · 1
  • Sergio Amezcua UFO= Unidentified. So, if you saw something in the sky and you don't know what it is compared to all known aircraft, and all known characteristics of modern aircraft.... Then you can say you do not know what you saw Keith Pankow. You must conclude the flying object could not be identified, thus...UFO.
    8 hours ago via mobile · Like
  • Mathew Benjamin Barnard There was no distinction between fish and whale in Aramaic.
    8 hours ago via mobile · Like
  • Sergio Amezcua "Update my knowledge"Hahahaha!! How often is Jesus upgrade Bishnupriya!
    8 hours ago via mobile · Like
  • Vishnupriya Rama seek and you will find... 
  • James Daniel Logan " "Update my knowledge"Hahahaha!! How often is Jesus upgrade Bishnupriya!"

    Well, the NT is an 'upgrade' from the OT...or God 'evolved' somewhere over the time from Moses to Jesus....
  • Edward Nims Keith Pankow //A clue to how retarded they are. They don't realize they're saying "I saw something but I don't know what it was".//

    What's wrong with saying exactly that? I've seen two things in my life that defied identification. I'm an aviation buf
    ...See More
  • Keith Pankow No, my point was that most people are alluding to the point that they're seeing an ET but they call it a UFO. My point is most people don't use the terminology correctly. We could be visited all they time by ET, but as of yet there is 0 physical evidence. I'm not saying they do or don't visit.
  • Edward Nims Keith Pankow Cool. We're in the same camp then. Thanks for the clarification!
  • Ian Hodge When Jesus created everything that exists, did he have a Jesus-centered faith or a Genesis-centered faith?
  • Lincoln Phipps Mathew, the ignorance you promote is astounding - a "circle" isn't a "sphere" any more than humans are like grasshoppers.

    It is inconceivable that a people did not have a word for ball given they could have used an analogy such as the Earth is like a 
    ...See More
  • Tim Adams Jesus said a lot things and most of them contradicted each other, so why would anyone take seriously what his views about creation were? How does that bring validity to creationism?

    Source:
    ...See More
  • Joel R. Daniel LOL^^^ You can do the same thing this silly web site does with ANY public statements by ANYBODY. You can see the same stuff done in EVERY election cycle AND with video, to boot. 

    Context is everything...this is old shell game just calms the desperate minds of those who wish to believe there are some "major contradictions" in the Bible. 

    What's next - "Jesus mythers" ? LMBO
  • Tim Adams Again, if any of the biblical quotes found via the link are somehow 'taken out of context', then please be so kind as to put them into 'the right' context for me. Cheers 
  • Keith Pankow Hey, does anyone wanna check out some kitten videos on youtube?
    3 hours ago via mobile · Like
  • Edward Nims Mythbusters: The Jesus Files... Hehehe... I do believe there is a lot of contradictory info in the Bible, some of which context can resolve. I think there's even more stuff that's just silly, like not eating pork or wearing more than one fibre...
    2 hours ago · Like · 1
  • Tim Adams The not eating pork thing actually makes sense, because pork was too often improperly cured in those times, thus making people severely ill, so the Jewish leaders decided just to ban it altogether.
  • Tim Adams Not sure about the reason for cutting one's dong, though...
  • Tim Adams The not wearing more than one fibre thing also does not make much sense.
  • Joel R. Daniel Wearing mixed fibers and other symbolic mixtures such as planting fields with two things rather than one was to teach single-mindedness and purity. 

    Although wearing wool and silk in the Bronze Age was probably not a good idea either. 

    A few errors i
    ...See More
  • Edward Nims Joel R. Daniel, how does the believer answer what appear to be mutually exclusive teachings. Such as:

    1) Honor your father and mother, juxtaposed with differentiating real from false teachers. A Jain, pagan or Muslim parent would be teaching a "false" religion. How is this resolved?
    2 hours ago · Like · 1
  • Joel R. Daniel I afraid I don;t quite follow your question,Edward Nims...
  • Edward Nims If I honor my parents, and follow what they tell me to do (as most people in the real world do when it comes to religion), I may wind up following a false religion. If my parents (pagans in this hypothetical case), threaten to disown me if i convert to Xtian, but I do it anyway, have i not dishonored them?
    2 hours ago · Like · 1
  • Tim Adams Thank you for sharing your ideas, Joel. I could have done without the 'ignoramus' retort, but that says more about you than me. I will review those passages in light of your reframing of them.

    And Edward makes a very good point. Also, Jesus taught to
    ...See More
    2 hours ago · Edited · Like · 2
  • Joel R. Daniel Tim - the "ignoramus" retort was about your source NOT you. 

    No Jesus didn't disown his family. His mother was at the crucifixion and his brother James headed the church in Jerusalem and was martyred there. 

    Jesus just expanded his family to mean som
    ...See More
  • Joseph Holmes Jesus was not real Sergio.. Or at least he might have existed but was no deity made flesh
    about an hour ago via mobile · Like · 2
  • Joel R. Daniel Joseph Holmes - how many times have we gone over and over the FACTS about Jesus existence? As to His deity - you believe this, you assume this, we understand it. 

    But denying what historians and scholars the world over accept is equivalent to the disdain for science and scholarship that you eschew creationists about. This places you squarely in the fundamentalist atheist camp....
  • Joseph Holmes Even biblical scholars are disputing your sources Joel... Cardinals and bishop who study the bible for a living... But hey maybe you know more then them
    about an hour ago via mobile · Like · 2
  • Joseph Holmes I mean have you ever read the writings of Josephus in the original language and compared the written structure of the accepted writings and the disputed fragments?
  • Joseph Holmes You can assert all you want Joel, won't make the facts line up
    about an hour ago via mobile · Like · 1
  • Edward Nims //If you think of it, how can you honor the earthly mother or father without honoring God the Father first and foremost?//

    Hmph... Seems like weaseling to me. "Follow these commandments, except when it's convenient to us, then ignore and damn the torpedoes!"
  • Tim Adams Thanks Joel, 

    It's a bit confusing because every boy and his sheep seem to have a blog up about these things, I just want a rational, though-out answer to my trouble with these biblical verses. Yes, Mary and his brother were there at Jesus' crucifixio
    ...See More
  • Tim Adams Oh and btw, I am neither a christian nor an atheist; I consider myself agnostic, because the fact of the matter is that I don't know! I do not know and I am not embarrassed to admit the limitations of my understanding.
  • Joey Arnold Jesus was and were and is and are the Word.
  • Bonz Newman Joey Arnold No, your dead Jew on a stick was just some dead Jew on a stick. 

    He was just as ignorant and superstitious as the other Jews
    58 minutes ago · Like · 1
  • Joey Arnold Jesus lives in my heart.
  • Edward Nims Does he pay rent?
  • Bonz Newman Joey Arnold Better see a cardiologist. Jesus crap can lodge in the valves.
  • Joel R. Daniel <Yes, Mary and his brother were there at Jesus' crucifixion, but why did he disown them in the passages I mentioned?>

    Tim AdamsNo evidence He disowned His family. He just included all the others as family with them. Did you somehow miss that? 

    I easi
    ly pointed out the error of just 4 of those alleged "contradictions". There are many more. And BTW - I have enormously more respect for agnosticism vs. explicit atheism. It's vastly more reasonable. 

    Bonz - your comment sounds dangerously close to anti-semitism and EXACTLY like disrespect for Christianity. Is it really necessary to do that in this CREATIONIST forum?
  • Joey Arnold Jesus is good to the last drop. Now, why am I not dead yet from Jesus-Caused Clogged Arteries?

No comments:

Post a Comment