Friday, August 2, 2013

Mosquito Net

 I slept in mosquito nets in Hanoi but not in Saigon, which may have been why I was in the hospital for the past 5 days with the Dengue fever. As I recover, I find that I am currently without employment. That means a lack of income. One school said I can no longer teach English, since I'm not qualified with a BA in education or a TEFL certificate. First, I get sick. Go to the hospital. Lose my job.

And now, I gave my landlord money for August's rent a few minutes ago (like I do each month since May 2013), but he return the money right back to me.

He isn't fluent in English, but he pointed to my room & said, "No foreigner" which may mean that it has something to do with Vietnamese laws which may state that only licensed facilities may house foreigners. I am going to find some Disney music to listen to as I try to ponder these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment